Anthony Williams dismissed

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Not that he had much impact, but I still hate to see a kid leave like this. Very disappointing.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It is a big loss, we can't replace him with another player that is a 5th yr. senior and has been in our Strength & Conditioning program all that time.

We haven't had a lot of success with RSs replacing graduated players, usually 4th yr. backups have been our best bet.

Wasn't AW listed as a co-#2 at some point in the season, he must have some level of talent.

What did he do 1 week into the off-season program that warranted him getting booted off the team.

I wonder is CPJ channeling his "inner-Saban" and is choosing to open up a scholly for this yr or for next yr.? (this is question not an accusation)

Just asking, it seems kinda strange to boot a guy in January, 1 week into the new semester.

For those that think that AW was a locker room cancer, he didn't seem that way but he was VERY HONEST with his younger brother about GT FB, and some might mis-interpret that as being negative towards CPJ's FB Program.

First of all, I don't think PJ would do anything that you're suggesting...the guy's got good character, and it's sad to see our fans insinuating stuff like that.

With regards to Williams, I just don't see it...how is this a "big loss?" The guy was a 4* recruit coming out of high school that never panned out...actually, not only did he not pan out...he just wasn't very good at all. It's sad to see stuff like this happen, but I'm sure he must have broken team rules.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
No big loss. I thought his negativity on social media affected the team adversely.

We have not played a game since then. What did you hear from other team members?

And a lot of folks act like he quit. It says he was dismissed.

Surely there is more to this than CPJ's ego running wild (er).

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
So he graduates in May. Does that mean he will transfer and play his final year somewhere else? Probably. Seems to be the thing to do these days.

gtdrew

Banned
We have not played a game since then. What did you hear from other team members?

And a lot of folks act like he quit. It says he was dismissed.

Surely there is more to this than CPJ's ego running wild (er).
I'm sure the coaching staff didn't appreciate his taking shots on facebook and twitter, and his apparent lack of enthusiasm displayed towards getting his brother to Tech, but it sounds from my sources like what everyone's saying. Anthony's a fan of the horticulture.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure the coaching staff didn't appreciate his taking shots on facebook and twitter, and his apparent lack of enthusiasm displayed towards getting his brother to Tech, but it sounds from my sources like what everyone's saying. Anthony's a fan of the horticulture.

Oh...he wants to transfer to UGA and major in Agriculture and Farming? Another case where not having more majors hurt GT...

:)

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
The guy never played to his expectations. Just goes to show the recruiting services aren't always right. If you ain't getting any playing time maybe you should show a little more effort! These kids don't know how lucky they are getting to play for such a fine Institution as Georgia Tech!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I am good friends with Anthony Williams...I have been for awhile now and he has always been honest when I have talked to him.

Last night I talked to him for a few minutes...He in fact was dismissed. As for why he really does not want that public right now as he is trying to transfer to another school. He is trying to get a tape made and see if he can get a scholarship to play somewhere this Fall. He was only 15 hours away from graduation. Hate that he wasnt able to finish it out and get the Tech degree, but it was his fault.

Once again I think this is the right move for both sides.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Eric, was he dismissed from school or just the team. If just the team, then he should strongly consider finishing those 15 credit hours here. He can do that this spring potentially and then enroll in grad classes at a GSU equivalent.