Anthony Autry and Dennis Andrews suspended

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Damn. As noted, our first two (actually three) games are glorified scrimmages. But this really shows a lack of discipline that we can't have. The other teams after those three games have equivalent or better athletes and we need to make up the difference in execution (discipline).

I certainly wouldn't overlook Tulane. They could surprise us if we don't go in there focused. Agree that it shows a lack of discipline. Some upper class man needs to get into their grill big time.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Unbelievable. That's 2 WR suspended for the first 2 games now. I thought WR was going to to be a position of strength b/c of numbers. At this rate we will be lucky to field any. Hope there aren't any injuries or we will be very thin at WR.

Actually, it should be noted.....that's only ONE WR. Autry is a WR but Dennis Andrews is an A-back.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm curious what the testing procedure is like for players. It's really not that hard to pass a standard drug test imo.

Did I miss where the suspension was attributed to drugs? Given the large grey line on pot these days, it wouldn't be surprising, but they should know that they have to follow Georgia laws. (And Federal laws of course.)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't think I would want to be Mr. Autry when his Mama talks to him! From what I've read, she has dedicated much of her life raising 4 boys by herself & she has high expectations of what they should be able to accomplish.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Young guys with little PT under their belts definitely don't need to play in our easy warm up games. Nope, no way. Hope it was worth it.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I don't think I would want to be Mr. Autry when his Mama talks to him! From what I've read, she has dedicated much of her life raising 4 boys by herself & she has high expectations of what they should be able to accomplish.
And now all 4 have full ride athletic scholarships. Think it's genetics or did momma know how to kick the right amount of @ss at the right time? Either way she should be well taken care of in old age as long as all 4 finish school.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
It's not that our players are doing anything different than a lot of players on most teams, it's just that other programs don't suspend for failed drug tests a lot of times. Not saying it's right, but it is true.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We use em every dang play. WR blocking is crucial.

Exactly. If we have zero wr due to suspensions just line up other AB or OL in their position. They are glorified blocking TEs (our wr are). U actually prove my point here a bit

Either way this was tongue and cheek and u missed that

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well I am sure a couple of other sites will now crank up the "It is all CPJ's fault" hysteria.
I have never understood how people could blame a coach for stupid decisions made by players. As I read somewhere else, it is the responsibility of the HC to make the tough decisions & if that means disciplining players for breaking known AA rules then so be it. Any true GT fan who starts blaming CPJ should look towards Athens & ask themselves - Do we want OUR coach to be like THEIR coach and not able (or willing) to enforce written policies?

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer

You are right...Momma going to be angry...or better yet, Momma is angry

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I actually think it's a bit unfair to say CMR doesn't discipline his players. He has a pretty clear record of doing just that actually. Where he fails miserably is in offering thugs / problem kids schollies. Character really has to be a part of the recruiting evaluation.