Anthony Autry and Dennis Andrews suspended

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Unbelievable. That's 2 WR suspended for the first 2 games now. I thought WR was going to to be a position of strength b/c of numbers. At this rate we will be lucky to field any. Hope there aren't any injuries or we will be very thin at WR.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Yeah WR won't be deep the first couple of games.

Smelter
Summers
Jeune
Messick
Dennis

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
:(Unbelievable. You would think that seeing the hard work put in today by a group of guys striving to reach the next level that these players would realize how important it is to be the best they can be, on & off the field.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
AA's student-athlete conduct policy. Was it worse than conspiring to steal 3/4 K from the AA?

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
players get mad about losing each year and then they go get themselves suspended..smh. We have to go face a bowl team on the road in game #2 and will be without a good running back and 2 of our top 4 receivers. Great.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is the problem I have mostly with this news and the Waller news:

Waller is an upcoming Senior and is supposed to be a leader.

Autry and Andrews are coming up on their 3rd year in the program and should be developing as leaders.

I remember how much I changed with my maturity by the time I was a senior and it was completely different. These guys need to be developing into accountable young men and leaders on the football field. I am not saying that Autry and Andrews cannot be leaders still but this is not on that path.

Waller is proving to me his shortcomings on the field or on par with his poor decisions off the field. It is a shame because he has a physical skill set that guys would dream of having.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Autry, I'm not so worried about.

But Andrews could end up with a starting job after this spring. He's a great talent. Losing him for the first two games could be a problem.

You also have to worry about their effort during the rest of spring. You know you won't play at first and the automatic reaction would be to sluff off. I hope that doesn't happen.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Somebody with Twitter should tweet
#GTFootball Waller, Andrews, Autry #Pretenders

It's not just their leadership but the apparent lack of player leadership. They're probably going to get encouraged not to hang their heads.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Damn. As noted, our first two (actually three) games are glorified scrimmages. But this really shows a lack of discipline that we can't have. The other teams after those three games have equivalent or better athletes and we need to make up the difference in execution (discipline).