Another Writer's Quarterback Rankings

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm on the Deshaun Watson bandwagon. Maybe it's because Im from Gainesville, but I honestly think he is the real deal. This will be his year to prove himself. I have a feeling you guys might eat your words by the end of the season. JT still #1 tho...

Watson is for real...he made some unreal throws last year as a true freshman. True Freshman. I've been a fan of his since he was a JR in HS.

Of course his one caveat is staying healthy which he needs to prove, but as far as pure talent, I'm not sure there's more than a handful of QBs on his level in college right now.

Gonna be fun watching him and JeT go at it the next two seasons.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am just curious about Heather Dinich since she was brought up. People have such strong reactions to her.

I went through a period of intensely not liking her but have mellowed some from that. She is not always wrong and sometimes she makes some good points.

What is it that makes the hatred of her so personal?
The fact that she does not understand Tech culture and falls into cliches?
The fact that she has made some colossally bad predictions in the past?
Her writing style which can get kind of monotonous?
The occasional predictability of her slant on things?
The fact that she seems to be a homer for certain other teams?
The gaps in her knowledge of the game?

The is a hijack for sure but I am always curious when Tech fans, who are among the more gracious fans bases, turn on someone so strongly.
Fair or not, if you're a female professional sports commentator, you better:

a) be super knowledgeable
b) be super hot
c) both and a and b

Unfortunately for Heather, she's d) none of the above.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
The Oregon transfer from Eastern Washington; QB Vernon Adams is the one on this list that just makes my case. He was recruited by Eastern Washington and Portland State in 2011 as his only offers coming out of HS. Ranked as a "NR!" Tore it up on the red turf for the eagles and helped them reach the second round of the FCS Playoffs last season.

Apparently since 2011 Oregon hasn't been able to recruit a HS QB as good as this kid other than their Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Marriotta. So with all of that Phil Knight $$$ (Lots of it) you would have thought that the Ducks wouldn't need to go slumming into the FCS ranks for a QB to operate their offense. Go figure.

Maybe someone can help me out here because I'm confused. If you play on an FCS Team that reaches the Playoffs does that automatically elevate you to elite 5 Stars status? That's what I'm thinking must have happened here based on the fact that Oregon missed out on this kid because they were recruiting all of that highly rated stud QB talent since 2011.

Didn't they know VAD LEE (4 Stars) was available at James Madison? (This is very tongue in cheek and I know that as Lee would have had to sit out a year and not be eligible and I get that)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
image.jpg
Fair or not, if you're a female professional sports commentator, you better:

a) be super knowledgeable
b) be super hot
c) both and a and b

Unfortunately for Heather, she's d) none of the above.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Tbh all these articles are irrelevant untill the season starts.

Nunh Unh. They drive both fan and player expectations. So then fans cheer more or less and players prepare harder or not depending on their expectations. The whole season depends on what sports journalists write during the off-season, when they're just trying to fill space and meet deadlines.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
So it appears jawja has no top-25 QB this year? It must mean the CMR can't recruit for his offense.

I'm excited to see a GT QB mentioned in this type of article. The rankings won't match up with how the season will play out but I think JT5 will end up about where they have him slotted. Not bad at all.

And wtf is up with Watson at #1?
Maybe because he looks like the player you create on a video game. You can't take anything away from him.