Another Writer's Quarterback Rankings

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So Deshaun Watson is the best QB in the country, huh?

I never have any idea what these guys are using as their criteria for these lists. Watson may become a good QB but he had like 1 good game last year against a team with a pulse so ... what gives.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
If you think this is list amusing, go back a year heading into last season as the predictions and accolades were essentially as follows:

QB Trevor Knight at the University of Oklahoma-He is a serious Heisman Candidate after coming off of that tremendous game against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl where he carved up a Nick Saban defense with his precision passing. With him at the helm OU is a serious contender for the National Championship; followed by:

QB Jake Coker at Alabama-Who transferred into the program in June after losing the QB competition to Jameis Winston at FSU by the narrowest of margins. He will be the starter for the Crimson Tide on Day One and an immediate candidate for the Heisman Trophy with a WR like Amari Cooper to catch the rock in Tuscaloosa.

As for Justin Thomas at GT-Too small, and is basically nothing more than a QB for an antiquated triple option offense that should officially be scrapped as Vad Lee-Mister 4 Stars-said on his way out the door after transferring to FCS James Madison: "The triple option was never his thing!"

How did those turn out last season?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Heather Dinich said Clemson wins the ACC.... I'm guessing she is basing this off of DeShaun Watson alone?
Didn't they have a slew of players lost due to NFL, Suspension, etc...???

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
She is an idiot. I was being facetious. How does she have a job doing what she does. She is completely clueless.
Clemson may win it all in the ACC. She may be right. However, I'm not seeing it on paper.

I have a watch that hasn't run in years. It's right more often than Heather Dinich...:D

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
She is an idiot. I was being facetious. How does she have a job doing what she does. She is completely clueless.
Clemson may win it all in the ACC. She may be right. However, I'm not seeing it on paper.
Did you see tech on paper last year making the acc championship game lol. I do agree with you though we didn't have to replace near as many guys as they are.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Good not resist watching one more time the highlights of JT in the Orange Bowl found in the article. Does anyone think I might need to investigate a 12 step program?

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@Northeast Stinger:

Naw. But if you were watching the highlights of any of those other QB's who just toss the rock around for the most part then my opinion would change dramatically.

Besides, anytime you can watch a quick as a hiccup QB juking SEC talent out of their jockstraps who also plays for the Yellow Jackets the question becomes: How could anyone get tired watching those highlights?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am just curious about Heather Dinich since she was brought up. People have such strong reactions to her.

I went through a period of intensely not liking her but have mellowed some from that. She is not always wrong and sometimes she makes some good points.

What is it that makes the hatred of her so personal?
The fact that she does not understand Tech culture and falls into cliches?
The fact that she has made some colossally bad predictions in the past?
Her writing style which can get kind of monotonous?
The occasional predictability of her slant on things?
The fact that she seems to be a homer for certain other teams?
The gaps in her knowledge of the game?

The is a hijack for sure but I am always curious when Tech fans, who are among the more gracious fans bases, turn on someone so strongly.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I am just curious about Heather Dinich since she was brought up. People have such strong reactions to her.

I went through a period of intensely not liking her but have mellowed some from that. She is not always wrong and sometimes she makes some good points.

The is a hijack for sure but I am always curious when Tech fans, who are among the more gracious fans bases, turn on someone so strongly.

Can't we just dislike someone for no reason whatsoever?

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a Dinich disliker because it seems like she rarely forms her own opinions (she is not the only one guilty of this) and usually tends to repeat what everyone else on espn says. Also didn't like the way she fawned over C.J. Spiller. Also she looks like an ostrich so there's that.

ETA I don't actually dislike her it's just fun to pile on sometimes.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
So it appears jawja has no top-25 QB this year? It must mean the CMR can't recruit for his offense.

I'm excited to see a GT QB mentioned in this type of article. The rankings won't match up with how the season will play out but I think JT5 will end up about where they have him slotted. Not bad at all.

And wtf is up with Watson at #1?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

A lot of it probably stems from the fact she was the ESPN writer assigned to the ACC beat, and so she became the most visible face covering us. And because it's ESPN, she very much followed in lock step with the traditional narratives about us, even when contrary evidence was right in front of her face. Well, that and her being a woman...lots of guys seem to have the idea that women have no place in football. Just look at any comment section after her articles and you'll see comments about that. Of course, we here are all Tech fans, so we're above that.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I'm on the Deshaun Watson bandwagon. Maybe it's because Im from Gainesville, but I honestly think he is the real deal. This will be his year to prove himself. I have a feeling you guys might eat your words by the end of the season. JT still #1 tho...