Another uniform thread ;)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
@Eric (I know you love being tagged on these)

Through the grapevine I heard a the team is busting out navy blue unis for the bowl game. (I.e sunbowl)
Any idea?
I gotsta pack too coordinate :D

Matt E

GT Athlete
My prediction is a minimum of 5 pages for this thread to include the following:

- gnashing of teeth from those who believe we should NEVER wear anything but white.
- those who get excited about alternate unis will get pumped and search for any hint that this could happen, only to be severely disappointed when we come out in.....you guessed it!, WHITE jerseys.
- a minimum of 5 posts on the throwbacks we wore at UVA, even though wearing gold may not be in the discussion

For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing us change it up.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

- gnashing of teeth from those who believe we should NEVER wear anything but white.
- those who get excited about alternate unis will get pumped and search for any hint that this could happen, only to be severely disappointed when we come out in.....you guessed it!, WHITE jerseys.
- a minimum of 5 posts on the throwbacks we wore at UVA, even though wearing gold may not be in the discussion

Ed Zachary ;)

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
'07 throwbacks against UVA for the win!!! Those are the only uniforms that compete with the throwbacks from this year. Those two should be our base looks (especially the gold from the '07 ones). And nothin' wrong with wearing navy in the bowl games. The navy jersey is a good look for us too. Although I will say the last couple times we've worn navy it's been on an already ugly uniform design. Should wear some kind of throwback uniform - like '06 ACCCG unis were good.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck

You forgot a minimum of 10 posts on how we need to switch from Russell.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

You forgot to list the guy who lists everything he expects in the thread. ;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
"Shiiiii....." is Sweetingese for "I like blue...."

9c5d592f136d052f4d1520dd33bbe460.jpg

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
If Russell had any sense, they'd have special uniforms just for the bowl game. They have a team in a New Years 6 bowl and none of their other sponsor schools will really ever have a chance (Ohio University maybe?). I wouldn't like to see anything ala nike power ranger, but something to mix it up would be nice

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, the throwbacks are the best thing they have going. Probably because Russell is a throwback brand so the logo looks like it belongs on those.

It is really funny how few uniform threads we've had since having a good season, or maybe the unis are good this year. I've grown accustomed to only looking at the back of the jersey going into the endzone so I wouldn't really know :)

Tech is going to switch in the near future. My guess would be a year before the contract runs out wit lb Russell. Under Armor is the rumor but nothing is in writing yet.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We only have three choices IMNSHO.
(1) gold helmets, white jerseys, gold pants.
(2) gold helmets, blue jerseys, white pants.
(3) throwback of white helmets (no honeycomb), mustard jerseys, white pants.