Another uGA player arrested

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Interesting post. Do you have a good guess on your claim?

What % of folks on this site have NEVER possessed pot?

Never smoked it, possessed it, and would never vote to legalize it. That said, I don't think people arrested for possession should spend any jail time but should be fined heavily. I have two nephews that were drug addicts that got their start, so to speak, with marijuana. One overdosed on some kind of prescription drug and passed away a couple of years ago. Lie with dogs, rise with fleas. It is an old story.

Deleted member 2897

This is a real and actual tweet from Kirby "Smart". Given all their problems with arrests, especially in the last week, what in the world was running through his head to tweet this out? It almost reads like he's making fun of the latest guy who just got arrested.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
So please tell me that the college athletes don't receive free legal representation or assistance from their university in posting bail (get a advance of their future payments to post bond)?
Seems like it would be a improper benefit. Wonder how many of their recruiting assistants are in law school at UGA and use the players legal situation(s) to help in mock trial scenarios or write their papers based on these experiences.
Can Kirby and the staff actually look the parents in the eye and tell them that their children are in good hands and (un)likely to graduate. Or just that they will have a good time! Seriously who pays the legal bills for student athletes?

Deleted member 2897

So please tell me that the college athletes don't receive free legal representation or assistance from their university in posting bail (get a advance of their future payments to post bond)?
Seems like it would be a improper benefit. Wonder how many of their recruiting assistants are in law school at UGA and use the players legal situation(s) to help in mock trial scenarios or write their papers based on these experiences.
Can Kirby and the staff actually look the parents in the eye and tell them that their children are in good hands and (un)likely to graduate. Or just that they will have a good time! Seriously who pays the legal bills for student athletes?

Georgia actually has a guy who gets paid $90k (as of like 2 years ago) whose sole job is to help work them through the legal system when they get arrested, taken downtown, etc. And no, I'm not kidding.