Another recruiting philosophy

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Just shows that other schools can't match their
Just shows that other schools can't match their offer$.

I have no evidence of any school paying anyone. If I did I would turn them in.

Regardless, you think bama, osu, ugag, Texas and many others can't pay players as much as CU?

I think it does prove one thing - a lot of folks claiming Dabo was stupid over the years are not nearly as smart as they think.

I have no evidence of any school paying anyone. If I did I would turn them in.

Regardless, you think bama, osu, ugag, Texas and many others can't pay players as much as CU?

I think it does prove one thing - a lot of folks claiming Dabo was stupid over the years are not nearly as smart as they think.
I used to call him Yabba-Dabba-Dabo. Now I have the utmost respect for the man. He is a credit to college football coaching.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I like and respect what he’s done but he’s got a **** load of money and a hell of a staff around him. If Clemson stayed on the same path as they were in 2008-11 I think Dabo might be coaching somewhere else. They invested everything they have into football and it’s paying off.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Just looked and if 247 is right:
Georgia Tech Decommits
2019 2
2018 2
2017 3
2016 0
2015 0
2014 0
2013 0
2012 0
2011 1 ( Stephon Tuitt maybe 3 day not sure but wasn't long
2010 0

I say we have done well.

If these numbers are correct, and I assume they are, Tech must be at the lower six sigma of decommits. Nice to see these numbers.

I think Johnson had a philosophy stronger with recruits than Dabo.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just looked and if 247 is right:
Georgia Tech Decommits
2019 2
2018 2
2017 3
2016 0
2015 0
2014 0
2013 0
2012 0
2011 1 ( Stephon Tuitt maybe 3 day not sure but wasn't long
2010 0

I say we have done well.
We do offer a true 40 year life experience that players need to understand its requirements.

The only thing certain is change.

1 in first 6 years then 5 in next 2 years.

Kids are internet shopping as recruits and transfering as players / graduates. We are not in kansas anymore

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think Johnson had a philosophy stronger with recruits than Dabo.[/QUOTE]

I think we had a direct approach that made this happen.

Coach johnson to recruit
" When u commit we stop looking and we expect u to stop looking so when u commit u better mean it."

I think that explains our stat. We may have gone overboard.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think Johnson had a philosophy stronger with recruits than Dabo.

Coach johnson to recruit
" When u commit we stop looking and we expect u to stop looking so when u commit u better mean it."

I think that explains our stat. We may have gone overboard.[/QUOTE]
If a recruit’s basically untrustworthy, maybe even dishonest, I can see nothing but trouble when he gets on campus. Then again we can start competing for the Fulmer Cup like the mutt. It seems like we basically having given up on cracking the Top 10 there much less winning it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Coach johnson to recruit

I think that explains our stat. We may have gone overboard.
If a recruit’s basically untrustworthy, maybe even dishonest, I can see nothing but trouble when he gets on campus. Then again we can start competing for the Fulmer Cup like the mutt. It seems like we basically having given up on cracking the Top 10 there much less winning it.[/QUOTE]
Do u go on coach collins twitter ?
I see zero fulmer cup leanings, but thats me.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I like and respect what he’s done but he’s got a **** load of money and a hell of a staff around him. If Clemson stayed on the same path as they were in 2008-11 I think Dabo might be coaching somewhere else. They invested everything they have into football and it’s paying off.
In 1973 or thereabouts Clemson made a decision to emphasize football. That meant getting the administration and everyone there on board. They had some serious recruiting violations with Pell but slowly have kept focus on their goal even with administration and coaching changes. The last year of unlimited recruits they brought in over 50 freshmen. One of them was friends with my brother in law who went there as a freshman and he came to Atlanta for a few weekend visits. It has taken a while but they are at the top of their game now with a few stumbles along the way.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If a recruit’s basically untrustworthy, maybe even dishonest, I can see nothing but trouble when he gets on campus. Then again we can start competing for the Fulmer Cup like the mutt. It seems like we basically having given up on cracking the Top 10 there much less winning it.
Do u go on coach collins twitter ?
I see zero fulmer cup leanings, but thats me.[/QUOTE]

I was making reference to “going overboard” requiring recruits to be honest. I’m not sure how you trust an individual that you think is lying to you.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
Academically gifted kids (especially those in high demand, with competing offers) change their choice of college all the time. Many times at the last minute. We shouldn't expect more from athletes.
However, once a kid accepts/commits to an offer, one would reasonably expect him to fulfill that obligation. But often times, seventeen year-olds aren't reasonable and, innocently, have no idea what they're doing. Plus, there are many (hs coaches, family, mentors, boosters) trying to influence their decision, both before and after said commitment.
Has nothing to do with the integrity of the kid.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Academically gifted kids (especially those in high demand, with competing offers) change their choice of college all the time. Many times at the last minute. We shouldn't expect more from athletes.
However, once a kid accepts/commits to an offer, one would reasonably expect him to fulfill that obligation. But often times, seventeen year-olds aren't reasonable and, innocently, have no idea what they're doing. Plus, there are many (hs coaches, family, mentors, boosters) trying to influence their decision, both before and after said commitment.
Has nothing to do with the integrity of the kid.
No offense dude but in over 4 decades of being around academically gifted kids I’ve never seen one turn down their top choice except due to a major medical catastrophe or similar life event. Not a single one.