Another Overrated Ga Class

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Was taking a look at the mutts recruiting class!!! Was easy to see how overrated some of those players are. Had to look no further than, Richard Lacount. This kid is rated a 5 star? One services has him 5' 10 , running a 4.7. Watched his film, not fast at all. What a joke the rankings are!!!

What video did you watch? The only one I found was his Freshman year video. In it, he played very well for a Freshman.

Beehive

Banned
Every player we sign looks pretty good in HS!!! Just saying the kid was very overrated, and it is showing in college!!! He is slow and isn't anything special passing!!!! If all these kids are as good as they say they are, they would not be so average in college!! Glad our coaches look at talent and not all this silly star crap!!!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Every player we sign looks pretty good in HS!!! Just saying the kid was very overrated, and it is showing in college!!! He is slow and isn't anything special passing!!!! If all these kids are as good as they say they are, they would not be so average in college!! Glad our coaches look at talent and not all this silly star crap!!!

I agree that the star system is crazy. However, I don't follow anything else in your post. The player you started the thread about is a safety who hasn't played in college yet, not even a spring game. I don't understand how it could "show in college", or what a safety's passing ability has to do with anything.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

You should try using more exclamation points in your posts. Im not getting the full brunt of your message.

Beehive

Banned
I agree that the star system is crazy. However, I don't follow anything else in your post. The player you started the thread about is a safety who hasn't played in college yet, not even a spring game. I don't understand how it could "show in college", or what a safety's passing ability has to do with anything.
Was talking about JE with the passing. The kid I started the post about is listed as a athlete! He played WR, RB, as well as DB! Should do a little research before you make dumb posts.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Our staff also looks at character, work ethic, heart, determination. Talent alone is not enough.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
The thing that others have touched on: How many of these guys in UGAg's class think Athens is a 3 year stopover for the NFL where partying and being a star are the primary activities, and class, working out, improving ones game and being coachable are optional? Judging from past years, probably a bunch of them.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
From what Solomon and other recruits have said is they are trying to create an atmosphere of "come play with your boys from middle/ high school and win and NC and go pro." That usually ends up with guys getting arrested though. Only time will tell on that front.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Bama, Michigan, Ohio state, Florida state, Clemson all say hello. Do they get things wrong with stars? Sure, but they are right a lot. Just because a kid doesn't preform or over performs doesn't mean they were wrong at the TIME of the kid coming out of high school. Also JE has only played 1 year in college, in not saying he is going to be this amazing QB but seriously it's been one year. Vic Beasley was drafted in the first round by the falcons and looked awful for the most part of his freshman year, but he lead the NFL in sacks his sophomore year.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I made some calls to verify the point in your post. I never heard back from Bama, Michigan, or Ohio State. Florida State denied ever saying hello. Clemson stated that they did not say hello, but did say howdy. :) Now, back to the dwags recruiting class. Let them enjoy this. Signing day is the highlight of their football program every year.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I made some calls to verify the point in your post. I never heard back from Bama, Michigan, or Ohio State. Florida State denied ever saying hello. Clemson stated that they did not say hello, but did say howdy. :) Now, back to the dwags recruiting class. Let them enjoy this. Signing day is the highlight of their football program every year.
I can't wait to see the pictures of their spring game sell out!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Top 5 Recruiting do tend to get positive results. Idk what the future holds for GA & Smart but to recruit a top 5 class your first full year is impressive. There is a lot of potential NFL talent in that class.

What I really like also is that I believe in all honesty is that GT's class is built to consistently whoop em.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Top 5 Recruiting do tend to get positive results. Idk what the future holds for GA & Smart but to recruit a top 5 class your first full year is impressive. There is a lot of potential NFL talent in that class.

What I really like also is that I believe in all honesty is that GT's class is built to consistently whoop em.
I really don't care if they rank in the top 5. We have won 2 of the last three with averageing around 50 with them around 7th. I like my chances with them bumping up to 3rd and us to around 30!