Annapolis newspaper article on option offense

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When the camera showed the faces of the cadets in the stands I told my husband that I know what that feels like. When I saw the faces of the midshipmen on the field I told my husband I know what that feels like. That game was so much like a GT game in so many ways - the style of play, the face-palm turnovers, the come-from-behind 3rd quarter, the final 2 minutes. The only thing that was not like one of our games was the attendance & the enthusiasm of those in the stands.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I've always been a proponent of breaking away from the norm with offensive scheme especially for Tech. When you have a scheme that is different from the norm other defenses have a hard time because they don't see it every week. We have the guru of this wing bone option offense. We'd be crazy to go back to conventional. If everyone started running our offense I'd say change but different is good for Tech.

coachrcm

Georgia Tech Fan
In 1972 I did my student teaching under Elmer Aldridge a home grown Avery County boy who cut his teeth in the StPete Tampa area running Tiger Ellision's Run n Shoot. Coach J was in the 7-8 grade at this time.During summer workouts we tinkered with a version of this offense and took it into the coming season.Not the best of years but turned out to be one of there better season up to that time.