Animated CPJ in Player's Faces...

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't recall the specific plays or what precipitated it (one was Snoddy, related to pitch position an resulting fumble, rght?), but seems like it's been a while since CPJ was as up in the faces of the players as he was this afternoon... Man, he was about ready to bite off some heads like Ozzy Osbourne - all of which I appreciate... Great seeing the fire of a great competitor - hope it continues to rub off on the team...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Don't recall the specific plays or what precipitated it (one was Snoddy, related to pitch position an resulting fumble, rght?), but seems like it's been a while since CPJ was as up in the faces of the players as he was this afternoon... Man, he was about ready to bite off some heads like Ozzy Osbourne - all of which I appreciate... Great seeing the fire of a great competitor - hope it continues to rub off on the team...
He really laid into Joe at one point.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Getting yelled at is not the worst thing in the world. Look at the locker room after the game. Do you think he lost any of them? I have found over the years that, as long as a kid believes you care about him, you can get pretty animated with him if you need to. With all that CPJ does for these kids, I guarantee you they know he cares.

QuickKick

Georgia Tech Fan
One thing I like about Paul is his competitive spirit. Sometimes the youngsters have to be instructed in the finer points. Never back down. Never take a down off. Never give up. Good job, Coach!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
giphy.gif

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Would have been kinda neat to see MBob do that to CPJ in the 2nd half of gsu game last week.

They are all big boys.

We don't need a Jerry Jones coming down from the seats to do something like. If he did have a problem, they would be discussing this behind closed doors and on the sidelines. Big difference.

Besides, I was just making a funny. Our coach is not the first, nor will be the last to talk to face to face with a player, asst. coach or ref. if need be. I agree with boomer's post.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
On the Snoddy interaction I think CPJ had made his point but then Snoddy said something he didn't like, maybe an excuse or some such so then CPJ turned back and really let him have an earful. They showed Thomas talk to him for a minute on the bench soon after and sit next to him. So it was a learning moment, lesson learned, and they all moved on.