Andy McCollum

slugboy

Staff member
You want the kind of coaches who can get these kinds of opportunities. Glad to hear he's up for it.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Good dude. Both he and Ted would always take the time to talk to my dad and I at fan days and spring game.
He would be a good pickup for State. He has recruiting ties throughout the southeast, and could build a good program out of some that fell through the cracks.
I hope he doesn't go. Guy is a hell of a recruiter.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
One game wife was visiting andy s wife and she said andy and I have driven 1000 miles this week visiting . I think it was coaches in nwf fla and s ga.
I sent this pic to him and asked him if he could help the refs make call.
he and his players are close.
Hope they keep improving.
15609.jpeg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
PJ Davis just posted on instagram thanking McCollum for his time at Tech. Looks like he's gone.

Would find it strange that the first confirmation of this would come from a player.

Perhaps PJ is saying "thanks for the time you gave me at GT, the help, the coaching you gave me." IDK

Could very well be true. If so, I wish CAM the best, but want the worst for any potential competition of ours - and gsu is that if anyone knows the history of GT.

Also read Glenn Spencer was being considered.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Looking at his bio on the Rambling wrek site shows he had good impact at each coaching position -DL,lb,db. While doing DL they did pretty good.
With little remaining talent he seemed to get lb going the previous 2 years (would love to know more about Jabari) .
Imo this year he took a young db group and did pretty good.

He has good recent position experience and strong dc and head coach experience that makes him ready to move up.