... And there were 3

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't scare us like that. Here I was thinking this was something awful about our team.

Poor guy, though. Never feel good about an athlete not being able to compete. I hope we crush the everliving crap out of them this year and can start to decrease that talent gap.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Whatever they're smoking they bought it in Auburn Alabama. I don't see a top 3 team right there.
The same auburn team that got the brakes beat off of them in Athens 34-7 and it could've been worse. Lost in their bowl game and to bama, yet picked to be in the playoff lol. What a joke, and the SEC is gonna be beating their chest til the end of the year about how they have to play top 15 teams week in and week out and how nobody else plays anybody. Give me a fn break.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson's D is why they were so good last year. Their losses on that side, make me truly wonder what the pundits are smoking.

Yes. But we won 11 with an awful D because our qb and O was so dynamic. I think they can do the same.

Point is they still have a lot of good recruits and a solid program that can win 10. I dont think the pundits are smoking too heavily. I think they will be in the mix. Are they necessarily the odds on favorite? Maybe not. But still top 3 or 4 in the ACC from my bad high level look.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I agree they will be good again. 8 wins at a minimum and maybe more. Their hype train this year just seems a bit SECish. I think FSU is favorite in Atlantic till proven otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them lose to us, FSU, ville, and USCe. I doubt many talking heads would agree (IF Watson stays healthy).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Whatever they're smoking they bought it in Auburn Alabama. I don't see a top 3 team right there.

AUB as a top 5 team is a farce of a joke. They'll be starting a brand new QB. I know, I know, he's Cam Vick-Manning incarnate. SMDH

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Aren't all these preseason polls basically meaningless? I mean the real poll, the playoff poll, comes out week 5 or so, right?

I think you're right in theory. However, voters are lazy and IMHO they rely on these pre and early-season polls to tell them who the good teams are so they don't have to actually go do their homework and watch games.