An Open Letter to J Batt

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I just looked at the record for all conferences for the Top Four teams in non conference games and all are undefeated. I suppose the new criteria is Performance by Conferences against ranked non conference games?

That will take longer.
I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. Maybe it's because I'm on my third bourbon?

At first I thought you meant looking at non-conference records for the top 4 teams in all conferences, but that is clearly not the case if you just look at the ACC and Louisville, who was #2 in conference and lost to Kentucky.

Then I wondered whether you meant looking at non-conference records for the current top 4 of Michigan, Washington, Texas, and Alabama. That is also not the case, since Alabama lost to Texas (unless you consider Texas a member of the SEC at the moment, which they are not yet).

I'm struggling to understand the point you are trying to make.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand what point you are trying to make here. Maybe it's because I'm on my third bourbon?

At first I thought you meant looking at non-conference records for the top 4 teams in all conferences, but that is clearly not the case if you just look at the ACC and Louisville, who was #2 in conference and lost to Kentucky.

Then I wondered whether you meant looking at non-conference records for the current top 4 of Michigan, Washington, Texas, and Alabama. That is also not the case, since Alabama lost to Texas (unless you consider Texas a member of the SEC at the moment, which they are not yet).

I'm struggling to understand the point you are trying to make.
The point was made in another post. There is no agreement on an objective criteria to use to compare conference performance against each others.