American Cultural Revolution

Deleted member 2897

Is that how you feel about public education too?

And is that so different from what we currently have? Except the poor get even worse treatment

Good point, our public education these days pretty much speaks for itself doesn't it.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Good point, our public education these days pretty much speaks for itself doesn't it.

Not really. I went to an excellent public school and am grateful for it. There are plenty that are not excellent but I'm not sure how you're grading the public education system as a whole

Deleted member 2897

Not really. I went to an excellent public school and am grateful for it. There are plenty that are not excellent but I'm not sure how you're grading the public education system as a whole

You can grade it many ways, as I'm sure you know.

FT_17.02.14_STEM_table.png

Deleted member 2897

Yup, lots of room for improvement. The vast majority of countries outranking the US have strong public education systems along with stronger social safety nets. So that's a good start. :)

And it may shock you to learn I’d be in favor of spending more on social programs and education, given certain requirements. For example, stop foreign aid, the department of energy, agriculture, education, cut the military budget in half, etc. the nice thing there is that you could decrease the deficit and spend more in those areas at the same time.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
And it may shock you to learn I’d be in favor of spending more on social programs and education, given certain requirements. For example, stop foreign aid, the department of energy, agriculture, education, cut the military budget in half, etc. the nice thing there is that you could decrease the deficit and spend more in those areas at the same time.

Hooray! Common ground!