Alvin Kamara transfer... (@A_kamara6)

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
Since when is getting arrested not a big deal? After looking at this kids history, I'm not sure that I'd be too excited about the pick up if we get him.

You automatically get arrested if you are driving w/o a license. He was going to get laundry done... It was a lapse in judgement but in no way does this make this young man look like a "thug"...We all make mistakes; If this was for something more serious then I would definitely agree with you.. But it's not...

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
Arrested for driving with a suspended license... Sounds like he would fit in well up in Athens. Seems like that's what many of em are arrested for.

All in all, I think it's no big deal. Not a mark on his character as much as it could be on judgement. NBD

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Serious question here: How does a person go to an out of state school (Alabama) without a valid driver's license, then comes back home and tries to drive on a suspended learner's permit? Kamara is a great talent, and I would love to see him at GT, but man he's gotta realize what's at stake versus the benefits of taking a chance on doing laundry.

Hopefully this is a life lesson for him that NO ONE is above he law, and he matures from it no matter if he ends up at GT or not. Nothing more depressing than potential unrealized. C'mon, Alvin, don't be another athlete who thinks the rules don't apply to them and realize they squandered God given ability when it's too late.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Serious question here: How does a person go to an out of state school (Alabama) without a valid driver's license, then comes back home and tries to drive on a suspended learner's permit? Kamara is a great talent, and I would love to see him at GT, but man he's gotta realize what's at stake versus the benefits of taking a chance on doing laundry.

Hopefully this is a life lesson for him that NO ONE is above he law, and he matures from it no matter if he ends up at GT or not. Nothing more depressing than potential unrealized. C'mon, Alvin, don't be another athlete who thinks the rules don't apply to them and realize they squandered God given ability when it's too late.

Here is what he tweeted about it

"Lol y'all actin like somebody died cause my seatbelt was off. lock me up, Guantanamo Bay so I can't hurt nobody else. I'm a criminal."

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Simple question: How does anyone (including all CFB athletes) do all the stupid stuff that they do? Is this what the USA has evolved into?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Here is what he tweeted about it

"Lol y'all actin like somebody died cause my seatbelt was off. lock me up, Guantanamo Bay so I can't hurt nobody else. I'm a criminal."

Shows a lack of accountability. Been in trouble in the past, will continue to stay in trouble in the future. Probably not a good addition to any locker room.

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
Lets stop bashing a 19 year old... I think most of us would love to get him on our campus and have his type of talent here....

Ask yourself this- do you want to see him wearing Orange/Purple for the next three years?

After this blows over, as a fanbase we need to show this kid that he needs to become a Yellow Jacket. I think we have enough character on our team where these kinds of issues wont be a problem in the future.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I won't fault the kid too much on this last issue. I drove from 15-18 with no license. Just had an expired learner's permit. Not because I couldn't get one, I just didn't. Explanation: teenagers are dumb. I was actually stopped once during that time too. Just lucky I wasn't arrested.

Now, what I will fault the kid for is the fact that this seems like a trend of irresponsibility. It's possible this is a wake-up call for him. I hope it is whether he ends up being a Jacket or not.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I see a lot of this type stuff at work. For the most part they just keep reappearing! Not many lessons learned especially if they already have an fta chg.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Whats funny about this to me is that if he were at UGA and wasnt talking transferring (possibly to Tech) we would all be saying "he's a thug, trouble maker, typical mutt" LOL. Im guilty of it and I know many others of us are guilty of it but since he is transferring and we are obviously trying to get him to come to Tech it was just "a mistake in judgement" "not a big deal" "being a bonehead teenager"...I would love to see him taking option pitches from JT but if we got him would he be a cancer in the lockeroom???

Animal02

Banned
Thirty years ago everyone was smart and acted responsibly.....oh, wait.

Most of the stuff we did 30 years ago and got away with a "don't do that again"......in today's world would mean getting expelled and/or arrested.
My roommate for example, got stopped for suspected DUI (he was) by Tech PD, had rolling papers on the seat as well. He dropped the name of another cop on the Tech force (next door neighbor of another friend), and the officer let him leave the car parked and walk home. No way would he get away with anything like that in these days.

gtdrew

Banned
Having said that, Kamara's juice is worth the squeeze. His ability is worth any minor infraction. He gets 40 lbs. of dope sent to his school mailbox, THEN we have this conversation...