Alvin Kamara transfer... (@A_kamara6)

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wait until those coordinators leave. He will be in big trouble, regardless of how well he recruits. As good as a cheerleader as he is for Clemson, you have to have some football IQ if you want to win big. Case in point...FSU beat down.

Don't get me wrong, they have more on the field to be excited about than us right now. I just don't think he is that good of a coach.
Even if they leave. I trust Dabo to find the right replacements. He has the money to do so. CPJ would love to have that kind of money to spend on a coach.

gtdrew

Banned
Even if they leave. I trust Dabo to find the right replacements. He has the money to do so. CPJ would love to have that kind of money to spend on a coach.
I'm not sure it's possible to get another OC like Chadd Morris. Why do you think Climpsumb "g"ed him up like that? If Morris leaves, they're in trouble...

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
gtdrew: Tongue-in-cheek: If does not matter if Chad Morris leaves Clemson. The coaches have nothing to fo with winning; winning is determined by recruiting. Since Clemson is eating us alive in our own State in recruiting, it would not hurt Clemson at all if Morris were to leave.

By the way, I am not ridiculing your remark, I am just using the subject as a soap box to make a point of the most important aspect of a team, which is the coaching.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I don't see Drake leaving Bama.

Also I find it funny he said Bobby Dodd was a second home to him...he didn't show us much interest at all once UGA offered.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It would not surprise me to find that a lot of the people we recruit really do like Tech and Atlanta. They don't come to Tech for a pretty good reason: the academics burdens scare them. In many cases, I suspect there is good reason for this. Georgia has one of the worst secondary school systems in the whole country. I think a lot of young men look at what Tech requires, look at what they've learned, and conclude that even with the best will in the world and a lot of help, they won't be successful. So, reluctantly, they move on to places where the demands on them will be manageable.

I wish this wasn't true. I wish we could convince every young man who wants to go to Tech that he could succeed there, especially since many of them could if they were to put in the effort. Oth, I can see why many don't want to take the risk. Why not just go to Ugag and major in football? It's what they're good at and it's a sight easier.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
gtdrew: Tongue-in-cheek: If does not matter if Chad Morris leaves Clemson. The coaches have nothing to fo with winning; winning is determined by recruiting. Since Clemson is eating us alive in our own State in recruiting, it would not hurt Clemson at all if Morris were to leave.

By the way, I am not ridiculing your remark, I am just using the subject as a soap box to make a point of the most important aspect of a team, which is the coaching.

Clemson has out recruited us for decades and just the last year or two have put a consistently better football team. To say coaching doesn't matter is incorrect.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
yes they are supportive alright they put players up in big lake homes on keowee and set them up with boats and jet skis and any thing else they want and on top of that about half their players are special admission they are just like UGAG only different state
UGA and other SEC schools have a tremendous amount of players getting arrested and involved in various situations every year. Care to list a few incidents that Clemson has had recently? Other than the Sammy Watkins weed thing, I doubt you come up with much, if anything.

Mike Bellamy (elite RB out of Fla) is the last player I remember Clemson recruiting that fit the Isaiah Crowell type mold. Dabo booted him off the team as a freshman because he was a ****. He doesn't deal with that type of stuff, unlike his predecessor.

The lake is certainly a plus, though. As a football player, I'm sure it's pretty easy to find a jet ski if that's something you want to do. Clemson's certainly got their attractions, just as GT has theirs. They are apparently doing a great job of selling theirs - we just need to try to find ways to sell ours.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I don't have any problem taking Blue chip guys who get f'd by the SEC machine. Come home to a place that's comfortable where you have a chance to showcase your skills in front of your friends and family.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Over the last five years, 2010-2014, Alabama has signed 125 SAs. Of course, that means that by start of practice this fall, they will have a whopping 40 SAs gone through "attrition" over those 5 years. Kamara's probably doing them a favor by transferring. GT may win by doing things differently.

I dont totally get this. Alabama has had a ton of SAs leave after three years to draft too. Making them obviously needing to sign more over five years than most schools. Its attrition but not a bad type, like being pushed out. Its the success of many kids in their program. I bet if you look at it your forty number goes way down if you count the juniors, rs juniors that went to the draft over that span.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was kinda joking that I wanted LeSean McCoy as an AB in another thread, but Kamara is a pretty dang good replica of McCoy on the college level. Dude is a multi-purpose back that can run it up the middle, take it to the edges, and become a receiving threat. The only thing he probably can't do it pound it up the middle 15-20 times a game at BB, but I can see him running the speed option with JT, and I wouldn't doubt CPJ running more diamond with him and Custis in the formation. Lot's of things you can do with Kamara.

BTW...I love Norcross's offense.

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
Kamara is a stud, him and Autry a AB and Custis at B would definitely be the most prolific backfield we have had under PJ
Nesbitt, Dwyer, Allen, and Roddy Jones say Hello. 2 of those guys played in the NFL. Nesbitt hung around the practice squad for 2 years also. CPJ inherited a great cast for his system. Especially when you add in Bebe Thomas.

That being said, I would love to see Kamara, Autry, Custis, and Thomas attempt to surprass the 2008-2010 crew.