Alright mannnn what's your best memory of Georgia Tech football?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm still chasing the dragon of 1990. That's my first year as a GT sports fan. Little kid who saw GT play all the games on their way to a Natty (UVA game stood out, as did our whupping of UGA), then the equally thrilling run to the Final Four with Lethal Weapon 3. GT sports drug got me hooked to this day!

Hopefully, soon, we'll have more of those years in our future.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Charlottesville in 1990 in person. Standing in the area outside the locker room after the game one could hear the whoops and hollers from inside as the team celebrated. Before the game, bowl reps form all the major bowls were walking around giving fans promotional material to "come to their bowl" as both teams were lining up for bids. Many don't remember the politicking and jockeying that went on to get bowl bids before the playoff system was introduced.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
In person: 2014 COFH. Last regular season in the marching band and we were pumped!
On tv: either 2016 COFH or 2018 VT. COFH, I was driving home from the lake and going in and out of radio coverage, and I got home in time to turn on Sling TV to watch the last 5 minutes of the game. My feed cut out right when Eason threw the pass that got deflected and intercepted. VT, just watching us run free for 4 hours on VT, laughing every play because we ran QB sweep left and QB sweep right the whole time.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Got a threebee on this:
1. First game as a freshman, 1971 vs Michigan State. My first college football game, period. A savage Tech defense wins it for us.

2. Homecoming 1976. First game attended after I got out. We run the Wishbone right down Notre Dame's throat. Lovely.

3. GT-FSU 2008. First game back in a while; wanted to see the Flexbone. A truth revealed: with the right personnel, it can be a big play offense. A miracle witnessed: seats low in the east at about the 15 yard line, a perfect view of the fumble and recovery. And even better, got to see the FSU fans react to it. Lovelier still.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
First year as a Tech fan was 2011.

COFH 2014 like many of you, 2011 Clemson, 2014 Orange Bowl, and sleeper pick: 2013 monsoon game against UNC. 2022 @VT was great also. Seconding Hord’s 2022 Duke call too. Cathartic day on the Flats.

We didn’t win this one but the 2014 ACCCG was also a fantastic evening.

Jolly Good Fellow
1976 ND..... in person, field level...magical win for a bad GT team...2nd half was surreal...Nobody was talking on the sidelines...not players, not coaches...David Sims (the first David Sims) ran over and past everybody that day....
1984 UGa.... from west stands... low fog hangs about top of east stands...Gary Lee takes KO back...strangers hugging and kissing...
2008 UGa.... on TV, kinda...I got so mad by halftime, screaming and cursing at TV.... my wife said "get out!"....went to the golf course to play 9....assistant pro drives out to #2 green, yells "Get in the cart!"... I watch the 4th Qtr from men's grill with my Tenn and Vandy golf buds....heaven....

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
my favorite year that I had at Tech was 1970! Team went 9-3, with a Sun Bowl victory... Rock Perdoni, Smiley Gebhart, Eddie McAshan were some of the big names on the team, but Ric Lewis had a phenomenal game in the rain against Tulane at BDS.
The SI national back of the week is a Georgia Tech defensive halfback (we call them cornerbacks now) named Rick Lewis. Lewis scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter of a 20-6 win against Tulane and he set up the Yellow Jackets’ third touchdown in a soggy affair in which players splashed there way around Grant Field in Atlanta"

GT11

GT Athlete
Gary Lanier with a blind lateral to the running back (think Eddie Lee) for a long gain against ND

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Memory is getting a bit fuzzy but has to be UVA 90. I remember Mike Francesa saying at halftime UVA was going to beat us handily the second half! Best in person 2k UGA. Went to the game with my dad because my best friends uncle gave me the tickets cause he knew ugag wasn't going to win.