Already looking to next year

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea. Me personally, the Jeff Monken departure is message board drama. The talent gap is also not as wide as many want you to think, either.
Out of curiosity, why do you not think losing an assistant of his caliber has that much of an impact? Of our 5 offensive position coaches from the 2009 team, we lost 2 to head coaching positions and the third had "22 years as an option offensive line coach at the Division I level" to quote his bio. In any business, it takes time to replace experienced, quality employees and, to the casual observer, it seems like we're suffering from those losses.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I just don't understand why we ran that diamond formation and what looked to me to be pretty successful and totally go away from it. I don't expect us to quit running the base offense, it just seemed like a nice change up when we did it.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just don't understand why we ran that diamond formation and what looked to me to be pretty successful and totally go away from it. I don't expect us to quit running the base offense, it just seemed like a nice change up when we did it.
Generally speaking, when you are having problems executing you don't put more stuff on the plate. I think CPJ would have loved to run more stuff but QBs weren't able to process it all.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Generally speaking, when you are having problems executing you don't put more stuff on the plate. I think CPJ would have loved to run more stuff but QBs weren't able to process it all.

Bingo. I think this migration away from our base offense is heavily due to Vad's capabilities. I want to see our aggressive 2009 offense again!

Sonsir

Georgia Tech Fan

I don't think it was necessarily the QB's inability to process it, it may have been the OL's in ability to block it and we were horribly bad when we got behind the chains so we stick with the under center stuff to minimize negative yardage plays.