All ACC Awards

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Here are the RBs on the all conference teams and their offensive stats.

Travis Etienne - 11 games 882 yards rushing 524 receiving. That is 80 rypg, 48 rec ypg, and 128 offensive yards per game.
Michael Carter - 11 games 1245 rushing yards 267 receiving. That is 113 rypg, 24 rec ypg. A total of 137 offensive yards per game.
Javonte Williams - 11 games 1140 yards rushing, 305 receiving. 104 rypg, 28 rec ypg. Total 132 offensive yards per game.
Kyren Williams - 11 games 1061 yards rushing, 282 receiving. 96 rypg , 28 rec ypg. 124 offensive ypg.
Khalil Herbert - 10 games, 1182 yards rushing, 179 receiving. 118 ypg rushing, 18 rec ypg. 136 offensive yards per game
Zonovan Knight - 11 games, 736 yards rushing, 136 receiving. 67 rypg, 12 rec ypg. 79 offensive yards per game.

Gibbs - 7 games, 460 yards rushing, 303 receiving. 66 rypg, 43 rec ypg. 109 offensive yards per game.

The only one he really has an argument against is Knight. Honestly I don't know why Knight got the nod. However, I would have expected Hawkins instead. Long story short, Hawkins was sitting at 135 offensive yards per game on 7 games as well.

The problem with using all purpose yards is that kick off yards are extremely inflated. A 20 yard return on kick offs is not a good return but it looks great. If he was one of the best in the nation it'd be one thing, but he wasn't. He averaged 25 per return which is solid (compared to last year that is low 20-25 ish nationally, on a low number of attempts. With that Gibbs is up to 138 all purpose, but the AP backs were

Etienne - 145 per game in 11 games
Herbert - 179 per game in 11 games
Michael Carter - 151 per game in 11 games.

So all 3 AP backs had more yards per game in more games.
'
Gibbs is going to be a special player for us and had a great year. But he missed 3.5 games and split time . overall his numbers don't really justify him being on the team over anyone who made it, with one exception, but even then I don't think Gibbs has the best argument of those left out.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Fun fact! Pressley Harvin is our first first-team All American since 2014's Shaq Mason (who is now with the Pat's). He joins the other 50 all time first-team all Americans for GT. Very impressive young man.

I only own 1 nfl jersey which is Harrison Butkers. But as soon as PH3 joins the NFL inveitably, you bet I will buy his Jersey as soon as possible. Much love for these young men and their skill and talent.

Deleted member 2897

Here are the RBs on the all conference teams and their offensive stats.
Zonovan Knight - 11 games, 736 yards rushing, 136 receiving. 67 rypg, 12 rec ypg. 79 offensive yards per game.

Gibbs - 7 games, 460 yards rushing, 303 receiving. 66 rypg, 43 rec ypg. 109 offensive yards per game.

The only one he really has an argument against is Knight. Honestly I don't know why Knight got the nod.

Gibbs is going to be a special player for us and had a great year. But he missed 3.5 games and split time . overall his numbers don't really justify him being on the team over anyone who made it, with one exception, but even then I don't think Gibbs has the best argument of those left out.

I had to edit this, because you had me all upset that Gibbs got left out despite having better stats than a couple of the running backs who got awards. That's not true though - Gibbs got an honorable mention award. That's probably what he deserved, so good for him. And in fact, he got more votes than any of the 50 guys who made honorable mention. The only sticking point to me is that he got more votes than some of the running backs who got higher awards. That's some hilarious bull**** right there. (Zonovan Knight got 34 votes for 3rd team RB and Jahmyr Gibbs got 56 votes.) But, whatever. The ACC can still go **** themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Holy cow. Interesting to be in the company of Heisman trophy winners and National Champions.

Hate to compare him to an all time great but Gibbs reminds me a lot of Reggie Bush.

/
Reggie bush was more of a quick stepper and lower to the ground. I see him more as a jamaal charles. Longer strider and a little taller than RB.