All ACC Awards

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Just read through them. I had to use an incognito window to access.

Pressley Harvin all-ACC 1st team. That's the only player on our entire team listed for any awards. Didn't even get one of the all-rookie awards for someone like Jahmyr Gibbs. He's ****ing 4th in the entire conference in all-purpose yards per game, and yet can't even get a rookie award. He's 7 yards per game behind Travis Etienne, LOL.

**** the ACC.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Didn't even get one of the all-rookie awards

Didn't see all rookie awards in the article. Newcomer of the year went to King from Miami, who arguably should get that award since it's not a "rookie" award, and second place went to Myles Murphy. There's a case to be made for Gibbs vs Murphy, but Murphy starts for a playoff team as a FR, and Gibbs has missed several games this year. I really can't quibble with these selections. When the ACC all-freshman team gets released we should see more representation.

Deleted member 2897

Didn't see all rookie awards in the article. Newcomer of the year went to King from Miami, who arguably should get that award since it's not a "rookie" award, and second place went to Myles Murphy. There's a case to be made for Gibbs vs Murphy, but Murphy starts for a playoff team as a FR, and Gibbs has missed several games this year. I really can't quibble with these selections. When the ACC all-freshman team gets released we should see more representation.

Well we’ll see. When I read an article about all-ACC awards, I thoughts that was what this was. My feeling is the #4 guy in all-purpose yards should get SOME award, and not get shut out. But we’ve seen that kind of bull**** before with people like Clinton Lynch getting the shaft.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Well we’ll see. When I read an article about all-ACC awards, I thoughts that was what this was. My feeling is the #4 guy in all-purpose yards should get SOME award, and not get shut out. But we’ve seen that kind of bull**** before with people like Clinton Lynch getting the shaft.

It's really a tough year to be Gibbs. Murphy is the leader in the clubhouse for ROY in the ACC, and probably should be. Javian Hawkins had more rushing yards as a redshirt Fr. but hopefully the AP yards gives Gibbs the boost when the All Freshman team comes out.

Deleted member 2897

It's really a tough year to be Gibbs. Murphy is the leader in the clubhouse for ROY in the ACC, and probably should be. Javian Hawkins had more rushing yards as a redshirt Fr. but hopefully the AP yards gives Gibbs the boost when the All Freshman team comes out.

Well there will be several awards for running backs - 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team, and honorable mention. Should be awards to about 8 running backs. I just looked, and last year 10 running backs got some type of award.

Last edited by a moderator:

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Well there will be several awards for running backs - 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team, and honorable mention. Should be awards to about 8 running backs. I just looked, and last year 10 running backs got some type of award.

Was just speaking from a freshman standpoint. I mean, Etienne didn't even make First team All-Acc this year. Bottom line is even if he doesn't get an "award" it's not like we don't know what we've got in him.

Deleted member 2897

Mac Jones got QB over Trevor Lawrence? NO WAY !!!

Travis Etienne makes it, despite not even getting first team in his own conference, LOLOLOL. Now, side note - Jahmyr Gibbs is 7 yards per game behind Etienne...a guy who just got All-American...but lets watch Gibbs not even get mentioned on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or honorable mention teams in his own conference. Hope I'm wrong, but that AP list that just came out felt that way. He just made Freshman all-American...do your job ACC!

I am a huge Trevor Lawrence fan. I think his football IQ is ahead of people like Peyton Manning at the same age. I think he has all the throws. But at the same time, I don't think he's playing to his full potential. I think he's the best quarterback in the country on paper. Maybe this is all an elaborate ruse to get Mac Jones to Jacksonville so that Trevor Lawrence has to end up at the Jets, LOLOLOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Travis Etienne makes it, despite not even getting first team in his own conference, LOLOLOL. Now, side note - Jahmyr Gibbs is 7 yards per game behind Etienne...a guy who just got All-American...but lets watch Gibbs not even get mentioned on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or honorable mention teams in his own conference. Hope I'm wrong, but that AP list that just came out felt that way. He just made Freshman all-American...do your job ACC!

I am a huge Trevor Lawrence fan. I think his football IQ is ahead of people like Peyton Manning at the same age. I think he has all the throws. But at the same time, I don't think he's playing to his full potential. I think he's the best quarterback in the country on paper. Maybe this is all an elaborate ruse to get Mac Jones to Jacksonville so that Trevor Lawrence has to end up at the Jets, LOLOLOL.
Not saying whether it’s right or wrong.... but you can’t criticize Ohio State getting into the CFP after not playing a full schedule, then turn around and complain that specific players aren’t getting awards after they didn’t play their full schedule. Gibbs had a great freshman season and showed that he is special, but he only played in 7 games. If you’re advocating for him to win awards, you should be advocating for OSU to get in the playoff. Same with Lawrence and Mac Jones. Lawrence played 9 games, one against an FCS opponent. Jones played 11 against the SEC.

Deleted member 2897

Not saying whether it’s right or wrong.... but you can’t criticize Ohio State getting into the CFP after not playing a full schedule, then turn around and complain that specific players aren’t getting awards after they didn’t play their full schedule. Gibbs had a great freshman season and showed that he is special, but he only played in 7 games. If you’re advocating for him to win awards, you should be advocating for OSU to get in the playoff. Same with Lawrence and Mac Jones. Lawrence played 9 games, one against an FCS opponent. Jones played 11 against the SEC.

Gibbs stats when I look at them stand on their own on the ACC stats page. He’s #11 in yards. Last year 10 running backs got awards. All 10 in front of him played 4 more games. And a few of them are barely ahead of him. He’s #4 in yards per game - 7 behind Etienne. When Clinton Lynch had more yards, he didn’t get the award because on paper people thought other players below him looked and played better.

Ohio State is the perfect analogy. They’re the rightful BugTen Champ. They deserve that award. But they didn’t earn a right to play in the CFP. Gibbs by virtue of his stats deserves an all conference award. We’re talking about who are the best players and best teams versus meeting requirements to play in the CFP. If GT was 7-0 I’d say we didn’t deserve to go to the CFP either.