Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alcorn St by 7-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alcorn St by >14

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Both backup QB's need to get some PT. score not as important . Just win with no injuries.
I agree. Until I see we have a QB that can run the option and pitch, I am not optimistic about this season. Although admittedly, last year was a half dozen plays away from a decent season until Duke and Dawgs. I also have to admit losing LJ didn't help my enthusiasm for this season. I was looking forward to his getting some playing time.

I am anxious to see what the D looks like. 3 + turnovers would be a good look.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
3 or more sacks would also be great to see

I too am hoping for the sacks. I will be looking for and hoping for a lot of consistent pressure to cause hurried throws and some some legal hits on the QB. We have not seen much of that in the recent past and that kind of regular pressure would be a real boost to our D (and especially our young back 4 DBs). Looking to see among Vic, Anree, and Desmond who emerges with the pressure.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
3 or more sacks would also be great to see
Expected D stats for A state: sacks >=3 ; Turnovers >= 3; Rush yards <=100; Total Yards <= 200; points allowed <=10; first dwns <=10; 3rd down conversions; <= 30%; I used Jax State last year as a source. They only lost 2 games last year. What say you?
Any thoughts on special teams?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I just noticed that we are a 42 point favorite. Will we cover? BTW, the mutts are a 42.5 point favorite. Will they cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I just noticed that we are a 42 point favorite. Will we cover? BTW, the mutts are a 42.5 point favorite. Will they cover?

On the prediction contest at Stingtalk, I went with Tech to win but not cover. 42 points is an awful lot especially against a team that looks to be improved from 2015. We will see. We beat Elon 70-0 with Vad Lee and everyone thought he was going to break records right and left. What I wan t more than anything is to get out this game with zero injuries. Mutts will probably cover but again it is meaningless except a good opportunity for some people to get playing time that otherwise would not play. Especially for our offensive line second stringers and Tobias among others.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
On the prediction contest at Stingtalk, I went with Tech to win but not cover. 42 points is an awful lot especially against a team that looks to be improved from 2015. We will see. We beat Elon 70-0 with Vad Lee and everyone thought he was going to break records right and left. What I wan t more than anything is to get out this game with zero injuries. Mutts will probably cover but again it is meaningless except a good opportunity for some people to get playing time that otherwise would not play. Especially for our offensive line second stringers and Tobias among others.

Yes! A “W” and zero injuries.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Expected D stats for A state: sacks >=3 ; Turnovers >= 3; Rush yards <=100; Total Yards <= 200; points allowed <=10; first dwns <=10; 3rd down conversions; <= 30%; I used Jax State last year as a source. They only lost 2 games last year. What say you?
Any thoughts on special teams?
actual: sacks=? TO=2; Rush yards 77; Total Yds 146; points 0; 1st dwns 10; 3rd Dwn Conv 2/11; Def points made 6
Defense GOOD; TO and passing looked like last year.