• Alcorn St by >14

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
52 10
Up with the WHITE AND GOLD!!
Special teams play's exceptional average 15yrds with punt and KO returns
D forces several 3 and outs while recording 2 interceptions.
O has +500 yards offense
130 in the air.

Am I dreaming big?

In 2015, we were beating them 48-0 at half iirc. We had like 4 or 5 3&outs to start the game with a third down interception. We were scoring in 2 or 3 play drives.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
54 to 3 and Taquon only passes 4 times because we don’t need to. Then numerous people complain that they are worried about our passing game and that we didn’t through because CPJ knows that Taquon can’t pass or even see the receivers.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
GT - >50
Alcorn - <10

We need to do the following things tomorrow:
  • Keep it simple on offense. Don't show too many cards if you don't have to. Make sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to the basic plays we run ~60% of the time in conference play.
  • Everybody plays. Hopefully we can get up big enough, early enough to let almost everyone on the 3-deep play. With the new redshirt rules, this gives everyone a rare opportunity to play their position in a game scenario at little penalty to the team. We really only have two teams on the schedule that we can do this against I think, so it's important to use those free redshirt games. This will also give the first string plenty of rest ahead of what's sure to be an exhausting game in Tampa next weekend. If we're up even just 20 points in the fourth quarter, bring in the 3rd string/true freshmen/etc. and let them run around.
  • Play simple, aggressive defense. I don't think we should lay off at any point in the game, regardless of the score. Of course bring the subs in if we're up big, but don't change up the scheme at all. Keep running the base defense with all the blitzes for every string. It's a brand new defense and the #1 thing we need right now is game reps and experience. Some early career live reps for true freshmen who are going to redshirt this season could be big for their development later on.
  • Stay healthy and fresh. Last thing we need is a week 1 injury, and like I mentioned earlier next week is going to be a test of conditioning. As long as we have a comfortable lead in the second half, we should be playing some subs. At the end of the day there's no difference between winning by 20 and winning by 40, so I think the coaches should definitely prioritize resting the starters if possible.
Hopefully this game goes like the 2015 Alcorn State game and we can put the subs in during the 2nd quarter. You never know, this game could be a close one (I hope it's not). But if things get out of hand fast like in 2015, we definitely should take advantage of it.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
GT - >50
Alcorn - <10

• Keep it simple on offense. Don't show too many cards if you don't have to. Make sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to the basic plays we run ~60% of the time in conference play.
  • Everybody plays. Hopefully we can get up big enough, early enough to let almost everyone on the 3-deep play. With the new redshirt rules, this gives everyone a rare opportunity to play their position in a game scenario at little penalty to the team. We really only have two teams on the schedule that we can do this against I think, so it's important to use those free redshirt games. This will also give the first string plenty of rest ahead of what's sure to be an exhausting game in Tampa next weekend. If we're up even just 20 points in the fourth quarter, bring in the 3rd string/true freshmen/etc. and let them run around.
  • Play simple, aggressive defense. I don't think we should lay off at any point in the game, regardless of the score. Of course bring the subs in if we're up big, but don't change up the scheme at all. Keep running the base defense with all the blitzes for every string. It's a brand new defense and the #1 thing we need right now is game reps and experience. Some early career live reps for true freshmen who are going to redshirt this season could be big for their development later on.
  • Stay healthy and fresh. Last thing we need is a week 1 injury, and like I mentioned earlier next week is going to be a test of conditioning. As long as we have a comfortable lead in the second half, we should be playing some subs. At the end of the day there's no difference between winning by 20 and winning by 40, so I think the coaches should definitely prioritize resting the starters if possible.
Hopefully this game goes like the 2015 Alcorn State game and we can put the subs in during the 2nd quarter. You never know, this game could be a close one (I hope it's not). But if things get out of hand fast like in 2015, we definitely should take advantage of it.
EXCELLENT !!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
GT - >50
Alcorn - <10

I like everything you wrote but I think I heard CPJ say something about saving his redshirts for later in the season. I think he said something about possibly using them for special teams. Honestly, I was driving when I was listening to the podcast so I wasn’t completely focused on what he was saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The good thing about this type of game is that you could more safely give someone like Graham some game reps. I really want to watch Tobias in multiple drives and otherwise just want us to stay healthy.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The good thing about this type of game is that you could more safely give someone like Graham some game reps. I really want to watch Tobias in multiple drives and otherwise just want us to stay healthy.
I think it would be safe to play Graham and still have 3 games if you need him , but I really don't think CPJ we play him in this game. If he plays 3 I look for the 3rd one to be the scout team QB

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I think it would be safe to play Graham and still have 3 games if you need him , but I really don't think CPJ we play him in this game. If he plays 3 I look for the 3rd one to be the scout team QB
I agree but selfishly I would love to get a look at him in a game and it would be a safe time to give him some reps.