Alcohol Sales Pilot Program

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Knock out the South endzone stands in BDS and replace them with a beer garden. Even better, sell beer exclusively from the ATL area. GT has connections at many breweries in the ATL, so it shouldn't be hard to get them involved. Second Self was started by GT grads, one part of the duo with Halfway Crooks is a GT grad, and I think the CEO of Reformation is a sidewalk GT fan. Promote their product and the ATL. And I don't care how much you love Tropicalia, we can't have Athens products on our taps.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
giphy.gif

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
There is large section on the North side of the West stands that would be PERFECT for a beer garden. Huge concrete area that is basically a truck ramp.

Same thing by the entrance on North Avenue. Huge open area. I think using the area on Techwood Rd(by Brittain dining hall) for food vendors and a beer garden would be smart as well.

I hope they figure this thing out well. I dream of spring/summer concert series at BDS.

edit-and I live in Wyoming.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I know most games are not like the UGA series, but it took me almost 20 minutes waiting in line to just get a Coke last weekend. How long are the beer lines going to be?!

If this ever went to Bobby Dodd, we would have to figure out the logistics. That was the only bad thing about Atlanta United games there. The lines for beer were excruciatingly long. The stadium was just not set up to meet beer demand.

All that said...I love it!

There were some waits at least that long for concessions at the Ohio State games in Russ Chandler as well. And they were out of some items by the 2-3 innings.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
There were some waits at least that long for concessions at the Ohio State games in Russ Chandler as well. And they were out of some items by the 2-3 innings.
One would think with the number 1 IE school in the country for like 25 straight years we could freaking figure out concessions and queues. Make it a Sr. Design Project and they do it for free.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
There is large section on the North side of the West stands that would be PERFECT for a beer garden. Huge concrete area that is basically a truck ramp.

Same thing by the entrance on North Avenue. Huge open area. I think using the area on Techwood Rd(by Brittain dining hall) for food vendors and a beer garden would be smart as well.

I hope they figure this thing out well. I dream of spring/summer concert series at BDS.

edit-and I live in Wyoming.
The hell you doing out there?

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One would think with the number 1 IE school in the country for like 25 straight years we could freaking figure out concessions and queues. Make it a Sr. Design Project and they do it for free.

It's cause it's all volunteer groups that run the concession stands. There will always be a bottleneck.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
What has worked at the Durham Bulls ballpark is a bar area and open table areas where people can stand or sit and watch the game. The beer garden idea is a good first step. The South end zone area could be redone so people could get there from both sides. Given GT history only use cups. Cans or bottles can be thrown.