Alcohol Sales Pilot Program

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Wait... Are we being innovative? I know this been done at other schools but being the first around here to do it is a big deal . That being said does GSU sell beer at their football games?

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I know most games are not like the UGA series, but it took me almost 20 minutes waiting in line to just get a Coke last weekend. How long are the beer lines going to be?!

If this ever went to Bobby Dodd, we would have to figure out the logistics. That was the only bad thing about Atlanta United games there. The lines for beer were excruciatingly long. The stadium was just not set up to meet beer demand.

All that said...I love it!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Drinking beer at a baseball game is as" all american" as it can get. This is sorta like when the new law began with Sunday alcohol sales. Maybe more revenue will flow into the GTAA.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I know most games are not like the UGA series, but it took me almost 20 minutes waiting in line to just get a Coke last weekend. How long are the beer lines going to be?!

If this ever went to Bobby Dodd, we would have to figure out the logistics. That was the only bad thing about Atlanta United games there. The lines for beer were excruciatingly long. The stadium was just not set up to meet beer demand.

All that said...I love it!
Sell it in the stands...

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Make the fenced in area out side the East stands a Beer Garden area with scissor lifts to upper deck for those fans. West stands can sell at current concession locations since more room is available compared to East. (Temp fix until a complete stadium renovation is able to happen)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
UVA played a series at "alcohol free" Russ Chandler in March 2019. Here is the data. Come Sunday... lets compare.

Friday (3/15/19):
Attendance: 1055
Wx: 61deg / partly cloudy

Saturday (3/16/19):
Attendance: 986
Wx: 47deg / cloudy

Sunday (3/17/19):
Attendance: 1031
Wx: 57deg / partly cloudy

Not sure there is really enough time for this announcement to propagate over the next 3 days for majority of fans to get the word... but if attendance does jump significantly??

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
UVA played a series at "alcohol free" Russ Chandler in March 2019. Here is the data. Come Sunday... lets compare.

Friday (3/15/19):
Attendance: 1055
Wx: 61deg / partly cloudy

Saturday (3/16/19):
Attendance: 986
Wx: 47deg / cloudy

Sunday (3/17/19):
Attendance: 1031
Wx: 57deg / partly cloudy

Not sure there is really enough time for this announcement to propagate over the next 3 days for majority of fans to get the word... but if attendance does jump significantly??

what's this gotta do with playing VaTech tomorrow night?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
what's this gotta do with playing VaTech tomorrow night?
It has nothing to do with baseball.

Simply will be interesting to see if the sale of alcohol will result in increased attendance. Seems to me the time of the season (March), the opponent (VT or UVA), and the weather are quite similar. If attendance is substantially higher this weekend, my point/question would be ... is the sale of alcohol already giving positive results with respect to attendance.