Alabama A&M Pre-game Thread

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
A A&M visits MP Tuesday night to take on the Jackets.

They are coming off a loss to Dayton where they only scored 52 points and had a A/T ratio under 1.

I look for our backcourt to really dominate the tempo here and we should really pound them on the glass. Dayton was +13 in rebounds and they don't have the players up front we do.

Prediction GT 84 AAM 57

Tadric with 17

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
A A&M visits MP Tuesday night to take on the Jackets.

They are coming off a loss to Dayton where they only scored 52 points and had a A/T ratio under 1.

I look for our backcourt to really dominate the tempo here and we should really pound them on the glass. Dayton was +13 in rebounds and they don't have the players up front we do.

Prediction GT 84 AAM 57

Tadric with 17

Should destroy them on the boards. Hopefully is a theme this year. I want to see some better defense than we saw against uga. If we're going to have a defense that keeps us in ACC games this season, no reason a team like Alabama A&M should have over 50/55 pts

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
While I expect to dominate a team like Alabama A&M, does it really tell us anything about this team? I am genuinely curious, as a non basketball expert. I get that it is a nice practice session, and helps build team chemistry and all...but over the years I have seen players look great against teams like this and then wither against ACC competition, so I am not sure it tells us much of anything. Unless we struggle, then it tells us how bad we are. But even a dominating win doesn't mean much, does it? Really?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If you can get a guy like Chris Bolden going and build his confidence I believe it is a positive. The ability to get freshman into a D1 game and get them comfortable is another good thing.

I think you need to do what we are doing this year. Last year was ridiculous as we played about half a dozen of these games then we got to ACC play and got waxed. 1 or 2 is good. But then we also have Marquette, UGA, Vandy, and Dayton right before conference play. The schedule is a really good one this year. We will know what we have before conference play begins.

ramblinzach

Georgia Tech Fan
To add on to what @Peacone36 said, we are also still figuring out our rotations on who we need to have on the floor at certain times. It's much, much easier to see all of your options on the court in a real game than a team scrimmage. I'm going to be watching out bigs rotation and what TJorg/Heath continue to earn.

Also, this team is so "new" (young is a misnomer but they haven't played together much) all experience on the court is good experience.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
THIS team esp with all the new parts needs easy games to get a confidence and a connection with each other.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If anyone local is interested in using my tickets for the game tomorrow, send me a PM.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
ESPN3

• i

Alabama A&M vs. Georgia Tech (M Basketball)

Tue 7:00 PM ET