AJC Super 11 ... Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, Tennessee.....Ga. Tech?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We've won more games than Tennessee has over the last decade. Which is embarrassingly awful considering their recruiting and how much they spend.

And then, despite all their spending and chest pounding about how good they are, they schedule BYU, Georgia State, Chattanooga, and UAB. That's a Duke schedule. Even so, I'm not sure they can actually go 4-4 in their regular football schedule. Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt & Missouri. I think they can beat Vandy, Missouri and 1 other. With all that Tennessee spends, if they can only beat 3 actual teams in a season of football, that's hilariously terrible.
Curious that you have BYU as a "Duke" schedule.
The word going around up here is their 2020 recruiting class will be in the Top 5.
I would not dispute that at all. Somewhere, somehow, somebody will rate everybody in their top five. A few weeks ago I saw a Clemson website that reporter them in the running for the "No. 1 LB prospect in the nation." A week later he committed to somebody else. Within days the same site reported Clemson got a commitment from "The No. 1 LB prospect in the nation." Hang around long enough and you're number one.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

I would not dispute that at all. Somewhere, somehow, somebody will rate everybody in their top five. A few weeks ago I saw a Clemson website that reporter them in the running for the "No. 1 LB prospect in the nation." A week later he committed to somebody else. Within days the same site reported Clemson got a commitment from "The No. 1 LB prospect in the nation." Hang around long enough and you're number one.
I think BYU this season is better than South Carolina,Kentucky or Vanderbilt. They will probably win 7-8 games.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I hate to do it but I’ll slightly defend Tennessee.

1) they have a terrible recruiting base. East Tennessee
2) they have to play 3 programs that should always be better every year.

On the flip side they’ve probably made the dumbest run of HC hires by a blue blood program ever.
They backed into a strong head coaching hire with Jeremy Pruitt. Tennessee wanted NCSU head coach Dave Doeren very badly.

Deleted member 2897

I just looked at the pre-season football polls, and BYU isn't in the Top 50 (not in the top 25 and not getting a single vote).

Also, Duke does seem to play 1 decent team each year. They play Alabama in about a week. They played 11-win Army and 9-win Northwestern last year - both were decent teams kind of by accident, so they lucked into having a reasonable schedule.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I just looked at the pre-season football polls, and BYU isn't in the Top 50 (not in the top 25 and not getting a single vote).

Also, Duke does seem to play 1 decent team each year. They play Alabama in about a week. They played 11-win Army and 9-win Northwestern last year - both were decent teams kind of by accident, so they lucked into having a reasonable schedule.
Alabama i think will beat the Dukies 70-10:LOL: