AJC: Georgia Tech’s Shamire Devine ‘close-ish’ on weight goal

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we get Shamire down to 340-345, I'll be ecstatic. Like you all, at that weight I will be all about his fitness level from there. Ability to practice, and to sustain himself on drives, is all I'm asking for. Because we all know what he can do if he's on the field. Amazing possibilities.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don't mind saying it. I think Shamire is the most gifted OL player we have had in my 35 years as a fan. Before you laugh, give me a name of someone more so. True, he has only played a part time role to date and doesn't nearly have the career numbers etc. In a sense, he has accomplished next to nothing, compared to what he has the potential to do. We have had some good ones over the years: Davis, Lutz, Utt, Mason, Mooney and many others, but none had a better package to start with. Shamire is a bull and he has length. His balance, footwork, length, and leverage stymie pass rushers and he controls and moves his adversaries in run blocking like no other. Just think, he has dominated for short stints, despite being in terrible shape. Who knows what he will get done? The sky is the limit if he will just reach out and grab it.
I thought a lot of Kent Hill but you certainly name a lot of the good ones. I would add Ellis Gardner and Andrew Gardner. Gary Brown was not a bad player either. If Shamire can play as consistently as they all played he has a chance to be a better overall player.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Who was making fun of us for "needing to know uniform updates like women need fashion updates" yet here we are completely obsessing over a person's weight.

I think both are valid conversations to have on a fan forum but some of you guys need to check some double standards you're holding.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Who was making fun of us for "needing to know uniform updates like women need fashion updates" yet here we are completely obsessing over a person's weight.

I think both are valid conversations to have on a fan forum but some of you guys need to check some double standards you're holding.
It's a sign of the apocalypse.