AJC Articles...behind paywall. Why use them?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
All too often people post articles from the AJC that are behind their paywall and only tease you with information. Why do people link these articles if you have to pay to see them? Not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to understand?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Rumor has it that if you download the app that you can get through that. Also, you have a limited number of free looks.

Some folks happen to still have subscriptions either online only or also actually having the tactile copy delivered.

That would be some of the reasons the articles are posted.

Also, we are not supposed to copy and paste an entire article.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Rumor has it that if you download the app that you can get through that. Also, you have a limited number of free looks.

Some folks happen to still have subscriptions either online only or also actually having the tactile copy delivered.

That would be some of the reasons the articles are posted.

Also, we are not supposed to copy and paste an entire article.
doesn't work for me.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Some people actually subscribe to the AJC and getting a heads up on an article is of value, especially for those of us who live far from Atlanta. There are some good articles on GT sports in the AJC. Ken's discussion with Moore's AAU coach was very insightful.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
AJC has fixed their e-edition to where you must sign in with an account(paid), to see the articles. Can’t receive on my Apple IPad or Android Cellphone.

Can anyone list any updates to the chart below, if there are any?
Outgoing:

Tyler Moorehead, DB(Walk-on)

Akelo Stone, DL. Committed to Ole Miss.

KJ Miles, DT

Khatavian Franks, LB(in Dec. ‘22, he announced he was staying; not staying on April 19, ‘23)

Ben Postma, TE

Antonio Martin, RB

Grey L. Carroll, DL. Committed to Liberty.

Jalen Huff, DB(Grad. Trf.). Committed to FAU.

Kenny Bennett, DB

Dylan McDuffie, RB(entered as a Grad. Trf.). Charlotte in N.C. is not his committed destination. Kansas flipped McDuff on Jan. 21, 2023.

Derrik Allen, DB(entered as a Graduate Trf.). Going to UNC.

Taisun Phommachanh, QB. UMass. commitment.

RJ Adams, OL(Commitment to Memphis)

Kalani Norris, WR(Committed to MTSU)

Ryan King, WR(Syracuse, Pitt., ECU). East Carolina is his choice.

Zamari Walton, DB. Committed to the Ole Mississippi Rebels.

Demetrius Knight, LB/S(Charlotte offered). Graduates GT in Dec. ‘22. Charlotte it is.

Jeff Sims, QB(Indiana, Cincy., VPI, FSU, Neb., Ole Missy). Nebraska is the choice.

Jude Kelley, PK(UT-C offer, WKU, VPI, Kennesaw St.). UTenn.-Chattanooga it is.

Nate McCollum, WR. Committed to UNC.

Paula Vaipulu, OL. North Texas University, committed.
That’s strange, I still have access on my iphone.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
AJC has fixed their e-edition to where you must sign in with an account(paid), to see the articles. Can’t receive on my Apple IPad or Android Cellphone.

Can anyone list any updates to the chart below, if there are any?
Outgoing:

Tyler Moorehead, DB(Walk-on)

Akelo Stone, DL. Committed to Ole Miss.

KJ Miles, DT

Khatavian Franks, LB(in Dec. ‘22, he announced he was staying; not staying on April 19, ‘23)

Ben Postma, TE

Antonio Martin, RB

Grey L. Carroll, DL. Committed to Liberty.

Jalen Huff, DB(Grad. Trf.). Committed to FAU.

Kenny Bennett, DB

Dylan McDuffie, RB(entered as a Grad. Trf.). Charlotte in N.C. is not his committed destination. Kansas flipped McDuff on Jan. 21, 2023.

Derrik Allen, DB(entered as a Graduate Trf.). Going to UNC.

Taisun Phommachanh, QB. UMass. commitment.

RJ Adams, OL(Commitment to Memphis)

Kalani Norris, WR(Committed to MTSU)

Ryan King, WR(Syracuse, Pitt., ECU). East Carolina is his choice.

Zamari Walton, DB. Committed to the Ole Mississippi Rebels.

Demetrius Knight, LB/S(Charlotte offered). Graduates GT in Dec. ‘22. Charlotte it is.

Jeff Sims, QB(Indiana, Cincy., VPI, FSU, Neb., Ole Missy). Nebraska is the choice.

Jude Kelley, PK(UT-C offer, WKU, VPI, Kennesaw St.). UTenn.-Chattanooga it is.

Nate McCollum, WR. Committed to UNC.

Paula Vaipulu, OL. North Texas University, committed.
12ft.io
Gets through any pay site. Your’e welcome 😁

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
12ft.io
Gets through any pay site. Your’e welcome 😁
It didn’t work as a password. Is there a log in email or address to go with it?
This is the message I get in my browser: 12ft has been disabled for this site

Was getting in on my android phone until this week.

Thanks, @57jacket for checking off the portal outgoing list. Appreciate your efforts!

Last edited:

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Nope. I’m oos and don’t have access
Pretty much every AJC article is readable for free from the free AJC phone app. Any time someone posts an AJC article here that I can’t access without paying, I just open up the app and read the article there. Also, a work around to get past most online article pay walls is to load the page fully, then press the refresh page button in your browser, and then press the stop loading button as soon as the article text appears. Most paywalls load after the article loads, so if you stop the page loading early, the paywall will never pop up. This can take several attempts, especially if you have a super fast internet connection, but if works for me the vast majority of the time as long as the site doesn’t have a more advanced pay wall system.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty much every AJC article is readable for free from the free AJC phone app. Any time someone posts an AJC article here that I can’t access without paying, I just open up the app and read the article there. Also, a work around to get past most online article pay walls is to load the page fully, then press the refresh page button in your browser, and then press the stop loading button as soon as the article text appears. Most paywalls load after the article loads, so if you stop the page loading early, the paywall will never pop up. This can take several attempts, especially if you have a super fast internet connection, but if works for me the vast majority of the time as long as the site doesn’t have a more advanced pay wall system.
Not for me...not anymore. I click the link and the AJC phone app takes me right to a sign in page. Just started doing this a couple of weeks ago.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Not for me...not anymore. I click the link and the AJC phone app takes me right to a sign in page. Just started doing this a couple of weeks ago.
There are two AJC apps. I’m not sure which one you are using, but the AJC News app is what I use.
IMG_5124.jpeg