AJC Article

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am almost hesitant to post this. Play nice...

Why bro? Why? "Play nice"? Are you new here?

Welcome to the list, AuJ.

Tell Me More To Do List GIF by Disney Channel

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It's also listed as a blog so it may be available online only.
Unless it's in tomorrow's paper and then I'll see it on the AJC app.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Mark Bradley is highly respected at the AJC--they think he's one of the best sportswriters around. He probably has a good amount of latitude about what he writes but is encouraged to spread his columns around and does so willingly.
Bradley is mostly a basketball writer
Or, as the late Furman Bisher referred to him one night before a Georgia Tech basketball game in the media room, "Dr. Naismith."
"(Blank) thinks he invented basketball."

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Mark Bradley. Never been a supporter of GT athletics. Any more questions.
I bet he supports UK were he graduated if I recall.

I recall him being very "supportive" of football in 1985 and basketball 1984 - 86 when I was at GT after he first started writing at the AJC. I was away from Atlanta for 13 years after that so I didn't keep up with him then, so I can't give you my opinion during that time period of what he wrote. Although, I'm sure he was supportive in 1990...

He did admit that he thought the GCG was a good hire when it happened. Did you agree or disagree then?

Some other questions...
Were you expecting him to come out and say that CGC was the best thing to happen to GT since sliced bread?
Do you disagree that CGC has over promised and under delivered?
Do you like "It's Money Down"?
ATL vs. Depth chart preference?
Contribute to the GTAA / A.T. Fund?

I accept the sports writers are not there to always blow sunshine or tell me it's only rain when someone is pissing on boots.

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought the column was reasonable. However, the comment about the previous offensive scheme being a “high school offense” is so antiquated (and tiresome). Don’t high schools also run the same offense as Alabama, Ohio State and UGAg. Albeit, the high school’s athletes are on the same level.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I bet he supports UK were he graduated if I recall.

I recall him being very "supportive" of football in 1985 and basketball 1984 - 86 when I was at GT after he first started writing at the AJC. I was away from Atlanta for 13 years after that so I didn't keep up with him then, so I can't give you my opinion during that time period of what he wrote. Although, I'm sure he was supportive in 1990...

He did admit that he thought the GCG was a good hire when it happened. Did you agree or disagree then?

Some other questions...
Were you expecting him to come out and say that CGC was the best thing to happen to GT since sliced bread?
Do you disagree that CGC has over promised and under delivered?
Do you like "It's Money Down"?
ATL vs. Depth chart preference?
Contribute to the GTAA / A.T. Fund?

I accept the sports writers are not there to always blow sunshine or tell me it's only rain when someone is pissing on boots.
Yes, a yearly and highly rated contributor to both GTAA and ATFund. Also season ticket holder in FB for many years. You have you opinion. I have mine. Not allowing you to bait me.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yes, a yearly and highly rated contributor to both GTAA and ATFund. Also season ticket holder in FB for many years. You have you opinion. I have mine. Not allowing you to bait me.
I understand.

I was being a bit of an arse with the questions. I apologize for that.

In general I like Bradley's commentary. May not like what is said, but he's not dumping on GT. Well, at least in my opinion. I've seen worse here and other GT forums.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I understand.

I was being a bit of an arse with the questions. I apologize for that.

In general I like Bradley's commentary. May not like what is said, but he's not dumping on GT. Well, at least in my opinion. I've seen worse here and other GT forums.
StingTalk is the equivilent to a toxic wasteland.