AJC Article - Parker Braun explains his rationale for transferring

Animal02

Banned
I’m really not sure why GT couldn’t easily double in size. You call what’s existing now the Engineering Honors Programs and then have another independent but closely allied Engineering Schools for people that aren’t gene splicers, rocket scientists, etc. Geez only at GT would people look down their noses at other Engineers because their livelihood didn’t solve some impossible to understand problem. There are regular old Engineering jobs out there after all and forbid me for saying this but a few super brainiac GT Engineers among us take jobs that don’t require elite intelligence like doctors, lawyers, financiers, and even Dominos Pizza restaurant owners.
Not looking down at anybody. Just saying that there are segments of engineering fields that don't need nearly as much high end education as others do.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not looking down at anybody. Just saying that there are segments of engineering fields that don't need nearly as much high end education as others do.
Some tech men become teachers.
Some tech men become project managers.
Few spend much of their careers doing thier first job.
That's what makes a tech education special- we learn how to learn. With any people skills this leads to many opportunities.

Sure wish we had a way to get broader senior curriculum.
SpaceX launches here in mc Gregor tx .
Told them I made an A in rocket engineering and still got turned away.
Today going into rocket technology would be great. Now I m too old.

20190221_140239.jpg

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m really not sure why GT couldn’t easily double in size. You call what’s existing now the Engineering Honors Programs and then have another independent but closely allied Engineering Schools for people that aren’t gene splicers, rocket scientists, etc. Geez only at GT would people look down their noses at other Engineers because their livelihood didn’t solve some impossible to understand problem. There are regular old Engineering jobs out there after all and forbid me for saying this but a few super brainiac GT Engineers among us take jobs that don’t require elite intelligence like doctors, lawyers, financiers, and even Dominos Pizza restaurant owners.

elite intelligence & laywers? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
you don't need to be smart to be a dirtbag lawyer.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
elite intelligence & laywers? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
you don't need to be smart to be a dirtbag lawyer.
Ah, but to be a good one you do. Good lawyers are among the smartest people in the country. True, the ethics of their profession sometimes calls for them to defend people we think are despicable (depending on a variety of criteria). But that has little to do with their intelligence.

As for Parker, I think he's given his explanation and I accept it.