Ahmaud Arbery murder case

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
ROFL LOL
That video you posted is COMEDIAN Trevor Noah from Comedy Central
This was a tragic and sad event...You should be ashamed of yourself!
Only a minute of protests to avoid biasing the viewer??? b4 he delivers over 90% opinion with little fact.
Here's a video from comedians who deliver mostly facts instead of opinion.
The first two min is discussion of "fact versus opinion" so if you want to skip, that's fine. imho, you shouldn't

From that video: "They had probably cause to arrest him because at this point what he did is trespass, what he did is commit a burglary".

Trespass in Georgia requires: Damage to property, notice from owner not to be on property, or request from owner to leave property. He didn't damage the property. There were no signs from the owner not to trespass. The owner didn't ask him to leave. Therefore under Georgia statute he didn't commit trespass. Burglary requires "intent to commit a felony or theft". He didn't commit a theft on the video in the house, and we will never know what his intent was so he didn't commit burglary. Are you sure you want to take legal advice from these guys?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
One other thing: The police report states that the bodycam video from the interview with the McMichaels was uploaded to their system. I am surprised that the press hasn't gotten it yet. I assume it has been requested but it isn't being released because it is part of the investigation. I assume at some point it will be released. It might be after a trial.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow

"Take a seat for what?" Arbery asks. "I don't know nothing about no TV. ... I don't steal no TV."

Walmart's loss prevention officer comes out and identifies Arbery, who was wearing shorts and a black jacket with fur around the hood, as the shoplifting suspect.

“Arbery admitted he was armed but no longer was in possession of the gun. Police later found a .380 caliber handgun in front of the gym.

Arbery was charged with weapons possession at a school and obstructing an officer.”

upload_2020-5-20_21-29-41.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

"Take a seat for what?" Arbery asks. "I don't know nothing about no TV. ... I don't steal no TV."

Walmart's loss prevention officer comes out and identifies Arbery, who was wearing shorts and a black jacket with fur around the hood, as the shoplifting suspect.

“Arbery admitted he was armed but no longer was in possession of the gun. Police later found a .380 caliber handgun in front of the gym.

Arbery was charged with weapons possession at a school and obstructing an officer.”

View attachment 8349

I say we sentence him to death without a trial.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck

View attachment 8349
What does this have to do with the incident that happened in February?

herb

Helluva Engineer
One other thing: The police report states that the bodycam video from the interview with the McMichaels was uploaded to their system. I am surprised that the press hasn't gotten it yet. I assume it has been requested but it isn't being released because it is part of the investigation. I assume at some point it will be released. It might be after a trial.

Unless it is leaked, it won’t be seen until trial or adjudication. Usually, they won’t produce that until the case is resolved

I want you to take note of this statement, since you think I am full of anger: "I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU."
Is Arbery a young man of questionable character? Apparently yes. Was he MURDERED in cold blood by a couple of vigilantes? YES !!! And it frankly angers me to see people trying to justify that murder.

Milwaukee

Banned

This is the sort of stuff that is going to be included in the trial, trying to make a case against his character. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but it’s the way our court system operates. To answer your question (and I’ve seen hundreds of others asking the same question), it doesn’t have anything to do with his murder in February. That’s the answer to your question, but it’s still going to be brought up in court. When a prostitute gets raped the defense lawyers are going to bring up the fact that she is a prostitute even though she was actually raped in that instance. Our court system can be crazy af. Everything Arbery has ever done is going to be brought up in court, right wrong or otherwise. And every single instance of him being a great person will be brought up by the DA and some people will ask “but what does him doing a good deed years ago have to do with happened in February?”

The trial is gonna be nuts.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the sort of stuff that is going to be included in the trial, trying to make a case against his character. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but it’s the way our court system operates. To answer your question (and I’ve seen hundreds of others asking the same question), it doesn’t have anything to do with his murder in February. That’s the answer to your question, but it’s still going to be brought up in court. When a prostitute gets raped the defense lawyers are going to bring up the fact that she is a prostitute even though she was actually raped in that instance. Our court system can be crazy af. Everything Arbery has ever done is going to be brought up in court, right wrong or otherwise. And every single instance of him being a great person will be brought up by the DA and some people will ask “but what does him doing a good deed years ago have to do with happened in February?”

The trial is gonna be nuts.
Arbery's killers are not police though. And Arbery wasn't committing a crime when his killers approached him. So it still doesn't make sense to me.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I want you to take note of this statement, since you think I am full of anger: "I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU."
Is Arbery a young man of questionable character? Apparently yes. Was he MURDERED in cold blood by a couple of vigilantes? YES !!! And it frankly angers me to see people trying to justify that murder.
Your righteous indignation in this situation is appropriate and appreciated.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
All I’m going to say is they better not over charge this thing. The Mcmichaels walk as they should on a first degree murder charge.