Ahmarean brown has entered the transfer portal

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So to go with the theme on the Swarm...the D had a new coordinator, he never had time to get his system in place......Although looking back, we had some decent games on D. More turnovers.
To be fair, that coach or any coach needs time before any accurate assessment can be done (excepting maybe at Bama, OSU, etc.) People who don't understand that are perceived as having a personal agenda or vendetta against the HC usually.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was just wondering how Brown was doing at USCe so I looked it up.

4 games in and he has 3 catches for 21 yards.

We currently have 6 WRs and 8 total players with at least 3 catches and more than 21 yards.

Wonder if he’s regretting his decision? He was so promising his freshman year. Don’t know what happened, but not looking like the best decision at this point.

Hard not to imagine our offense with another explosive weapon who could stretch the field like him in it too.

Everything happens for a reason though.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was just wondering how Brown was doing at USCe so I looked it up.

We currently have 6 WRs and 8 total players with at least 3 catches and more than 21 yards.

Wonder if he’s regretting his decision? He was so promising his freshman year. Don’t know what happened, but not looking like the best decision at this point.

Hard not to imagine our offense with another explosive weapon who could stretch the field like him in it too.

I was thinking the same thing after watching him be a complete nonfactor for South Carolina against UGA the other week.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

I honestly doubt his decision to transfer was completely based on football. Hopefully he is happy out there.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

If both were here at the same time, Brown would be getting back-up reps behind McGowan. We have a better slot now, imo.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I honestly doubt his decision to transfer was completely based on football. Hopefully he is happy out there.
I think that’s true. I saw more potential in him as a freshman WR than any we’ve had since Calvin. But the school, culture, social fit all need to be right for one’s college experience.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Both Kalani Norris and Nate McCollum are playing in the slot and have done better this year. Brown was a fantastic deep threat...but McGowin is putting on a masterclass for being a really good and complete slot receiver.
I don’t think AB can really play in the slot. To me he’s all speed and needs to be on the outside. He never was comfortable going over the middle.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Just my take, but bumping this thread and dunking on a guy who suited up in white and gold seems unnecessary. He left because he thought it was a better option for his livelihood - many of our fan base can’t even find the wagon, let along stay on it and they have no personal skin in the game.

I wasn’t crazy about him saying he thought Scar would prepare him better for the NFL, but he did and took a chance. Maybe we should let this one go.