Ahmarean Brown Freshman Highlight Video

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Very nice. He is excellent at chasing down the ball wherever it is going. Not just fast but tremendous ability to read where the ball is going. The last very good receiver we had in this regard was Smelter and of course Calvin was the best.

Deleted member 2897

He might break the TD record for a WR by the time he is done here

He has 7 TDs in year 1.

Top 5 all time at Georgia Tech:
1) Calvin Johnson (28) [3 years]
2) Kelly Campbell (24)
3) Kerry Watkins (22)
4) Demaryius Thomas (15) [3 years]

So subtracting 7 TDs off these totals, here are how many TDs Brown has left to move up into the top 4 all time at Georgia Tech:
First Place: 21
Second Place: 17
Third Place: 15
Fourth Place: 8

Barring injury, he seems to be a lock for a podium finish even if he were to leave for the NFL early.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Unfortunately, teams will be scheming to take him out of the game plan as he is our top threat. Need some other receivers to step up to help ensure they can’t put most of their focus on AB.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Brown will be an elite NFL receiver. He reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown. Both listed as 5’10” with a burst of speed and great hands. Our Brown will add weight and be a stud in the NFL due to the new NFL offensive schemes. And yes, Collins is putting together a stable of high quality WR’s built for the spread. Collins will do with the passing game what Coach Johnson did for the running game. We just need two QB’s to emerge as legit, consistent threats.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
His speed should also open up some underneath stuff for him and our other talented WRs. Our QBs need to improve on the short stuff this year. Our experienced OL is going to give them more time in the pocket.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
We need speed on the field. It’s clear CDP wants to take shots down field and play from a big field - not different from spurrier’s philosophy.

I like some of our recruits in the 2020 class (King, McColuum) + Ezzard. Spurrier’s best WRs at UF were speedy small guys (<6’2) who ran exceptional routes. Spurrier’s philosophy was to get to the 30-40 yard line and score before the field shrinks too much.

Scubapro

Banned
We need speed on the field. It’s clear CDP wants to take shots down field and play from a big field - not different from spurrier’s philosophy.

I like some of our recruits in the 2020 class (King, McColuum) + Ezzard. Spurrier’s best WRs at UF were speedy small guys (<6’2) who ran exceptional routes. Spurrier’s philosophy was to get to the 30-40 yard line and score before the field shrinks too much.
LOL. I am sure they have similar ideas but comparing CDP to the Ball Coach is like comparing a kindergarten teacher with a physics professor. TIC

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand the piling on of Patenaude. The guy has had a long career. Folks use the schools he’s coached at as if that’s a negative. Maybe the guy wanted to raise his family while working at high level academic schools without moving every other year. Then when his kids are grown he branches out to Coastal and then to Temple with Collins. Now, he gets a chance at a P5 school. I’ll take a hungry experienced guy with something to prove any day. Last year was a mess because we had limited QB play and less than limited OLine play. We’ll be able to pass judgment on him one day but that day is at least 2 years away.