Adidas Contract Expiring

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Right, from the description, it sounds like it's the superior, Athlete-available apparel that will be at the yard sale.

View attachment 15965

If they want to give incentive to fans to get season tickets and donate, this would be one of the better ways. Season ticket holders and fans with certain amounts of AT points get exclusive first access (say, first 1-2 hrs), then the rest of the fans can shop afterwards.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone have any inside info on what will be at the GTAA yard sale this Saturday? Assuming things like t shirts, sweatshirts/pants, shorts, coaches polo shirts, etc. I've gotten some gear from the golf team in the past and it is pretty sweet. Even has a unique Buzz golf swing logo. Would be interested in going on Saturday, but would like to know what they may have as well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Does anyone have any inside info on what will be at the GTAA yard sale this Saturday? Assuming things like t shirts, sweatshirts/pants, shorts, coaches polo shirts, etc. I've gotten some gear from the golf team in the past and it is pretty sweet. Even has a unique Buzz golf swing logo. Would be interested in going on Saturday, but would like to know what they may have as well.
One rumor is that they will have a section that has Waffle House cups, some $ Down signs, and the ilk, they will be on the table marked "free".

Last edited:

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
One rumor is that they will have a section that has Waffle House cups, some $ Down signs, and the ill, they will be on the table marked "free".
You think they'll take some of these as legal tender?
1663971477843-jpeg.60114

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow

I was there today. It’s really nice. Game used jerseys were $50, game used baseball bats $25, shoes (new but not GT branded were $30).

Most everything else was $10. Picked up about 10 pairs of shorts and a ton of other loot for about $200. One of the basketball shorts ($10) had an original price tag of $150.

I’m set for life on GT athletic apparel.

Disclaimer - I’m down to a medium / small so I had a field day. There was a ton of XXL stuff as well but not as much L or XL (but still a good selection).

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
I was there today. It’s really nice. Game used jerseys were $50, game used baseball bats $25, shoes (new but not GT branded were $30).

Most everything else was $10. Picked up about 10 pairs of shorts and a ton of other loot for about $200. One of the basketball shorts ($10) had an original price tag of $150.

I’m set for life on GT athletic apparel.

Disclaimer - I’m down to a medium / small so I had a field day. There was a ton of XXL stuff as well but not as much L or XL (but still a good selection).
Anyone at the sale have any additional info./insight on why they were getting rid of all the brand new stuff rather than just giving it to the student athletes as extras?

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone at the sale have any additional info./insight on why they were getting rid of all the brand new stuff rather than just giving it to the student athletes as extras?
AFAIK these are surplus/old stock that didn't make its way into an athlete's hand, I'm sure there's plenty of new stock available if an athlete wants it.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Darn they were doing it today too!

Means you already picked over the good stuff.

There was a lot! I’m not sure if it was all out or they saved some duplicates for today. I got an invite to go yesterday afternoon.

There were game used football helmets as well. Those looked awesome but were the only item priced too high IMO ($1,000). I would have bought one if they were around 500 hundy. (I didn’t see any move during the hourish I was there).

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty much picked over. I found one large pullover. Lots of jerseys. No polos or sweats.
was about to say - not worth coming to at this point unless you’re looking for a jersey. Let’s look on the bright side, maybe all these people are coming for the game too.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I was about number 25 in line today at 8:30 AM. By the time they opened up, there were probably over 100 people in line. So it was a good turnout. A lot of people bought a lot of stuff, a lot of Adidas stuff and some older Russell stuff as well. I wish they had more polos and sweatshirts, but it is a good way to get rid of stuff.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I was about number 25 in line today at 8:30 AM. By the time they opened up, there were probably over 100 people in line. So it was a good turnout. A lot of people bought a lot of stuff, a lot of Adidas stuff and some older Russell stuff as well. I wish they had more polos and sweatshirts, but it is a good way to get rid of stuff.

Do you recall if any football helmets were left, and if so, were they still priced at a G?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I wish I would have gotten the invite for last night. I was looking forward to buying a bunch of sweatshirts, pullovers, polos, etc. Oh well. Maybe next year.