Adidas . Com

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Spring in retail mean clearing your shelves. Retailers start placing orders for back-to-school season, which kicks off the annual retail cycle. Over the next couple of months, you'll see a lot of clearance sales (it's actually the best time to buy, in most cases).

A few misconceptions that seems to go around and around on this board:
1) GTAA has pretty much no say as far as what ends up in retail. Stansbury can tell the bookstore (or any retailer) til he's blue in the face (pun intended) to stock an entire store full of gold adidas gear. The bookstore (and its corporate owner) is going to buy based on HARD DATA. They will order X of gold, Y of blue, etc. based on past buying patterns. They would rather sell out than be holding extras this time of year.

2) adidas.com is no different than Fanatics or the bookstore. They will stock the items that they believe will sell the best. It looks like they sold out of everything they ordered. That's a huge win in their industry. The expectation from some was they would carry EVERY GT item that adidas produced. That's not the case of any of their schools.

3) What the teams order is completely separate from retail. Outside of the standard sideline polos, most everything is custom ordered and doesn't go through any retail chain. GTAA staffer told me at the game Friday night that 404 hats were ordered as blank white adidas hats and then embroidered by a local vendor, and that's what happens with most everything the teams wear. GTAA can't "sell" an item, so that's why the hats and backpacks were tied to a donation. The campaign helped meet the fans' demand and raised a good chuck of cash for the program.

When GTAA struck the apparel deal, they did not buy adidas or the bookstore. There are maybe a handful of schools that have the power to call the shots with their deals, and Georgia Tech ain't one of them.

Excellent insight in to the retail supply chain. Thanks for posting this. It explains why the grey GT hoops hoodie & navy blue GT vest I really want aren't available.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Neither. I just figure I have enough clothes of all kinds for my use anytime probably up to the day I die. LOL

Can you spare $10? Every little bit helps as Todd Stansbury builds the world class resources GT Athletics needs to compete.

http://www.gtathl.com/2020/

Nah. Maybe a polo, but not a t-shirt or hoodie.

I'm pretty sure there were both white & gold polos available over the past year since our Adidas partnership started.

slugboy

Staff member
I think Jeezy’s and UltraBoost sell out without any team affiliation, but I’d love the UltraBoost. GT edition Jeezy’s would be a match made in heaven.

I get a discount through adidas.com (or did, if it’s still active—gotta check). Jeezy’s and UltraBoost were explicitly not discounted under any circumstances. Big , bold print on that. Most of what I wanted wasn’t covered by the discount.

It’d take some major arm twisting to get those products made custom for us.

It bugs me that Kansas, Texas A&M, and Miami get the UltraBoost though. Especially Miami

ETA: there are Game of Thrones edition UltraBoost. Maybe if we stoop low enough, we can get some made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you spare $10? Every little bit helps as Todd Stansbury builds the world class resources GT Athletics needs to compete.

http://www.gtathl.com/2020/

I'm pretty sure there were both white & gold polos available over the past year since our Adidas partnership started.
I give pretty generously to the GTAA and in fact am leaving them funds in my will. I don't think $10 for a shirt gives Tech much at all in return. I just frankly don't need any more shirts. I did buy one of the "new gold" shirts last year, as well as a new cap, and I will probably buy a gold polo at some point, but that's it.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Jeezy’s and UltraBoost sell out without any team affiliation, but I’d love the UltraBoost. GT edition Jeezy’s would be a match made in heaven.

I get a discount through adidas.com (or did, if it’s still active—gotta check). Jeezy’s and UltraBoost were explicitly not discounted under any circumstances. Big , bold print on that. Most of what I wanted wasn’t covered by the discount.

It bugs me that Kansas, Texas A&M, and Miami get the UltraBoost though. Especially Miami

ETA: there are Game of Thrones edition UltraBoost. Maybe if we stoop low enough, we can get some made.

Jeezys lol

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I give pretty generously to the GTAA and in fact am leaving them funds in my will. I don't think $10 for a shirt gives Tech much at all in return. I just frankly don't need any more shirts. I did buy one of the "new gold" shirts last year, as well as a new cap, and I will probably buy a gold polo at some point, but that's it.

Well, why didn't you say that? Those would have answered my previous questions in the affirmative.

I recently set up a gift for when I kick the bucket too, but also try to do things today.

Well, why didn't you say that? Those would have answered my previous questions in the affirmative.

I recently set up a gift for when I kick the bucket too, but also try to do things today.
I'm not sure what previous questions you are referring to. I have given faithfully to the GTAA as well as to the Roll Call for 51 years and had football season tickets for 51 years also.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not sure what previous questions you are referring to. I have given faithfully to the GTAA as well as to the Roll Call for 51 years and had football season tickets for 51 years also.

I give to Roll Call, but it's a trumped up marketing organization. We'd all be better served giving enough to Roll Call to get the points, but shift funds to GT Athletics.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This whole thing has been a dumpster fire. I was looking forward to gold and white nmds, gold and white yeezys, awesome gear (polos and hoodies) and awesome unis. It's all been terrible so far, I've continued to purchase my GT Nike gear.

I'm sorry that I'm the one pissing in cheerios on this particular topic lol. Don't kill me.

Ready.......aim........ :p

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Are you always so sanctimonious or just toward @Supersizethatorder-mutt?.....who has probably been supporting Tech longer than the average Tech fans have been alive. And average Tech fans are a bunch of old farts.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I give to several other organizations and am leaving some material goods to Augusta University, but no money.

Yeah. I'm primarily GT focused, but I do some small stuff throughout the year when friends do fundraisers.

Material goods is an interesting topic because I have some stuff that isn't monetarily valuable, but could be of use to the right folks.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are you always so sanctimonious or just toward @Supersizethatorder-mutt?.....who has probably been supporting Tech longer than the average Tech fans have been alive. And average Tech fans are a bunch of old farts.

Sanctimony breeds sanctimony on these GT boards and the half life of each of us is rapidly eroding, but he does put up with my dumb ***.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got an Ultraboost in our color this year. As far as the other schools, they’ve been with adidas for years and have a bigger fan base than ours. The fact that the limited amount of stuff they had sold quickly and the buzz CGC and the school is getting at the moment will definitely make us a bigger priority. This was year one. I’m sure Adidas was in a wait and see mode as far as marketing and merchandising. No need to mass produce if no one was going to buy.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if we got an Ultraboost in our color this year. As far as the other schools, they’ve been with adidas for years and have a bigger fan base than ours. The fact that the limited amount of stuff they had sold quickly and the buzz CGC and the school is getting at the moment will definitely make us a bigger priority. This was year one. I’m sure Adidas was in a wait and see mode as far as marketing and merchandising. No need to mass produce if no one was going to buy.

Some sort of exclusive kick would play well in ATL, where there's a strong sneakerhead community.

Maybe as they gather some more juice locally, they can do a special event at one of the top sneaker stores, preferably Wish ATL.