Adidas . Com

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone checked Adidas lately? Their website has removed all GT merchandise. At least as of 4/28/19 at 2 am I don't see a thing. Miami and Louisville have football jerseys and other things. Seems to me Collins has ordered a whole new overhaul... something is afoot.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone checked Adidas lately? Their website has removed all GT merchandise. At least as of 4/28/19 at 2 am I don't see a thing. Miami and Louisville have football jerseys and other things. Seems to me Collins has ordered a whole new overhaul... something is afoot.
They’re just sold out of their stock of last seasons stuff. Don’t think there will be anything on that site for us again until Fall. Or perhaps if baseball team makes the CWS.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This whole thing has been a dumpster fire. I was looking forward to gold and white nmds, gold and white yeezys, awesome gear (polos and hoodies) and awesome unis. It's all been terrible so far, I've continued to purchase my GT Nike gear.

I'm sorry that I'm the one pissing in cheerios on this particular topic lol. Don't kill me.

I've mainly bought adidas gear at the bookstore. It's all really good stuff.

Grey sweatpants (same pair twice they were so comfortable)
1 pair of basketball shorts in Gold (haven't worn them yet)
3 different pair of Navy Blue training/basketball shorts (all extremely comfortable and great looking). Very versatile to wear out because they're navy blue.
1 Winter white shortsleeve basketball hoodie
The gold Hoops season ticketholder tshirt
The 404 hat and the navy blue backpack that seems like it's going to be stellar for traveling.

Really hasn't been terrible at all.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I agree it can all be purchased elsewhere. I'm not trying to purchase though. I find it odd everything is off the site. I'm almost willing to bet we have even newer jerseys this fall. Collins is very proactive in the how we look column. He designed temples setup, I fully expect him to have minimum 4 jerseys for us to use in different combinations.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I've mainly bought adidas gear at the bookstore. It's all really good stuff.

Grey sweatpants (same pair twice they were so comfortable)
1 pair of basketball shorts in Gold (haven't worn them yet)
3 different pair of Navy Blue training/basketball shorts (all extremely comfortable and great looking). Very versatile to wear out because they're navy blue.
1 Winter white shortsleeve basketball hoodie
The gold Hoops season ticketholder tshirt
The 404 hat and the navy blue backpack that seems like it's going to be stellar for traveling.

Really hasn't been terrible at all.
I have everything that you have minus the season tix shirt. I’ve found some nice adidas stuff on Kohl’s website too.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have everything that you have minus the season tix shirt. I’ve found some nice adidas stuff on Kohl’s website too.

Are they 3 different styles of the navy blue basketball shorts? I have this one navy blue pair that has these interesting pockets that are on the front, instead of side slash pockets.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Are they 3 different styles of the navy blue basketball shorts? I have this one navy blue pair that has these interesting pockets that are on the front, instead of side slash pockets.
The navy ones I got have pockets on the side and 3 gold strips on the sides with a white/gold GT on the front

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The navy ones I got have pockets on the side and 3 gold strips on the sides with a white/gold GT on the front

I've got those, but haven't work them yet. Just bought up everything I could last trip to the bookstore.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I've got those, but haven't work them yet. Just bought up everything I could last trip to the bookstore.
My complaint about the bookstore is the website. There’s clearly more stuff in the store than online and most of the time the stuff online is on back order and you don’t know for a few days after.....

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
There was literally on a S and M in the merchandise that had left

Only disappointment has been there are no Tech UltraBoost, selection and some of the climalite shirts fit weird. I really a Baseball jersey and a white basketball jersey

My GT Alpha Bounce are solid gameday.

Hoodie feel and fits great

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think some of you guys have spent more on Tech gear in the last year alone, than I have spent on my entire wardrobe in the past 10 years. LOL

Is that because Russell sucked or because you're part of the problem in not supporting GT Athletics with your discretionary dollar? I'm hopeful it's the former.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Spring in retail mean clearing your shelves. Retailers start placing orders for back-to-school season, which kicks off the annual retail cycle. Over the next couple of months, you'll see a lot of clearance sales (it's actually the best time to buy, in most cases).

A few misconceptions that seems to go around and around on this board:
1) GTAA has pretty much no say as far as what ends up in retail. Stansbury can tell the bookstore (or any retailer) til he's blue in the face (pun intended) to stock an entire store full of gold adidas gear. The bookstore (and its corporate owner) is going to buy based on HARD DATA. They will order X of gold, Y of blue, etc. based on past buying patterns. They would rather sell out than be holding extras this time of year.

2) adidas.com is no different than Fanatics or the bookstore. They will stock the items that they believe will sell the best. It looks like they sold out of everything they ordered. That's a huge win in their industry. The expectation from some was they would carry EVERY GT item that adidas produced. That's not the case of any of their schools.

3) What the teams order is completely separate from retail. Outside of the standard sideline polos, most everything is custom ordered and doesn't go through any retail chain. GTAA staffer told me at the game Friday night that 404 hats were ordered as blank white adidas hats and then embroidered by a local vendor, and that's what happens with most everything the teams wear. GTAA can't "sell" an item, so that's why the hats and backpacks were tied to a donation. The campaign helped meet the fans' demand and raised a good chuck of cash for the program.

When GTAA struck the apparel deal, they did not buy adidas or the bookstore. There are maybe a handful of schools that have the power to call the shots with their deals, and Georgia Tech ain't one of them.