Adding Wood to the Fire

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I think it should be assumed a father will raise his own daughter
I think he's talking about this part of the article:
Wood moved to defensive backs and then stepped away from the team while his wife, Bernie, a former Wofford soccer standout, was finishing medical school and residency.

“Yeah, it was difficult to leave a profession that I was passionate about,” Wood said. “But it was something that was the right thing to do for my family. And I would not trade those first three years with our daughter for anything.”

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
yea I still don't see what's special about this. Good for him but parents pause their careers to care for kids all the time at every level of career.
All I was saying is it wouldn't hurt us on the recruiting trail with moms. I actually think it is somewhat unique in coaching circles but could be just a old fart giving up my clip board and whistle before some posters on here were born.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Are we at 10 with this hire? I know we lost Roof and Pelton, and I thought I read that Speed was moving on too (which may have just been speculation), and now we’ve added Woody and Wood. I believe we still have 1 or 2 slots open.

does this mean we are looking for a coach named woo now?

https://twitter.com/uoflsu?lang=en

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wood has already updated his twitter account with his new position while Woody's still has his App State information listed. Guess Woody's got a few more irons in the fire hiring and interviewing etc.. but I would like to see the information updated to read GT and have a picture of his new place of business! Go Jackets

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You know you guys're misspell ... {checks his "sources" (aka google)} ... ohhhhh, carry on.