Adding Wood to the Fire

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Not a knock on the guy, but I kind of wish we had gone with a dedicated ST coach for the 10th spot.

Are we at 10 with this hire? I know we lost Roof and Pelton, and I thought I read that Speed was moving on too (which may have just been speculation), and now we’ve added Woody and Wood. I believe we still have 1 or 2 slots open.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Potential DC in waiting if Woody does great and gets poached. Was really hoping for someone off his current staff for that though.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems like an ok hire. We desperately need special teams help though. Maybe between Woody and Wood and whomever the DL coach is they'll have a clue about special teams.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Woody will coach olb i think. Wood with S makes alot of sense. The s rolls in woodys scheme are not something u can just know immediately and the S may have the back end calls and middle front calls. Speed can focus only on cb where woodys calls are different than roof but common. Alot of inside leverage in cb.

Cam to inside lb is fine. The magic is all in the line olb and the inside guys are pluggers alot of the time.

This all makes a ton of sense to me.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
On recruiting trips, how many mothers will fall for this guy when they find out he raised his daughter for three years?