Adam Smith Transferring to GT

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
VT played 21 games last season against Power Conference opponents.
He made multiple threes in 16 of the 21, failed to hit a three only twice.
He made 3 or more in 12 of those 21 games, 5 or more in 6 of them.

It hardly solves everything, but with a PG that is a good passer with good vision, a couple of guys that can slash and a couple of guys (especially Jacobs) that are threats close to the basket - all of a sudden teams may have to spread their defenses a little more. When he is on the floor it will at least force opponents to think about whether they want to pack in on defense and potentially give room for Smith to shoot or go out and guard him tight, which will open up a little more space for either penetration or for the bigs to operate.

Also, if they guard him tight, then the other guard is likely to have more room to operate. Jorgy is a solid shooter in space.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
If you are hoping Tech AND PG will look better then for NEXT yr this will be close to amazing.The guy shoots 3s SO much better than anyone we have now-just come off the bench and start firing.
After next yr ,I'm not at all sure. Takes minutes from guys that need to develop possibly.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I hear you but bandaids help things heal.

Welcome Adam!!

Bandaids don't do squat when you need a heart transplant.

So this year we're adding a guy who walked out on his old team, and a guy who's transferred twice now. Great teambuilding we got going on here. But hey, the revolving door that is gregory's tenure here keeps spinning.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bandaids don't do squat when you need a heart transplant.

So this year we're adding a guy who walked out on his old team, and a guy who's transferred twice now. Great teambuilding we got going on here. But hey, the revolving door that is gregory's tenure here keeps spinning.

Bro..you need to relieve some tension....there's plenty of other threads with pissing and moaning...please find one of those with your sour grapes and let the rest of us enjoy a smidgen of good news...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If we are recruiting Harris hard it probably means we are not getting good vibes from JB. Too bad, but not surprising. Harris would give us another ACC caliber body inside and removes some of the urgency to give more minutes to Lammers, who is not yet ready for a bigger role. If this plays out I like the make up of this team. At least on paper. Lord knows we needed points and Harris, along with Smith, could replace the scoring we lost after last season. Harris has never been an aggressive rebounder, but Jacobs and Mitchell are. Fingers crossed. Feeling more optimistic. Dammit!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
If we are recruiting Harris hard it probably means we are not getting good vibes from JB. Too bad, but not surprising. Harris would give us another ACC caliber body inside and removes some of the urgency to give more minutes to Lammers, who is not yet ready for a bigger role. If this plays out I like the make up of this team. At least on paper. Lord knows we needed points and Harris, along with Smith, could replace the scoring we lost after last season. Harris has never been an aggressive rebounder, but Jacobs and Mitchell are. Fingers crossed. Feeling more optimistic. Dammit!
or we are not getting any vibes at all, like everyone else. Jaylen has kept his recruitment a mystery all along, it's quite impressive.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Anyone - is Corey Heyward on schedule to graduate this spring/summer? I have heard speculation he may want to transfer for playing time.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He will actually get to work on his game/jump shot this spring, summer and fall rather than rehab from a serious knee injury. His shot will comeback around

Jorgy shot over 40% from HS 3-pt line as a JR and 38% from the college 3-pt line as a SR in Prep School. Assuming he comes back 100% from his ACL, I expect him to be a solid shooter.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, I think Quinlan is wrong.
I don't think Smith will be a PG - he doesn't play like a PG. His role is a shooter. I will be very surprised if he logs any significant minutes at the PG position. Jorgy and Heath are both better PG's than Smith is.

I think he will play about 25 mpg off the bench and his role is going to be to stretch the defense and make shots.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
It's nice to get a guy that's a real offensive threat.

As much as I don't like it, it seems obvious that CBG is gonna be around for 2-3 more years here. I'd prefer us not suck during that time as I'm tired of watching sucky basketball. I hope we can get another transfer to help us.