AD J Batt Introductory Press Conference

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20221017-191223.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Ok kg was saving that one for later but, in typical bobog fashion, he has spoiled .... everything. Nothing to see here, just move along.

Just kidding, bobog. I'm just giddy for a new direction for GT athletics. You just keep making yourself an easy target.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
It means that the GT President has taken personal ownership for our athletic performance and is willing to tie his name to success there. That ain't nothing. And it's a far cry from what we've seen the past, oh, 30+ years if my memory serves.

As to academic exceptions...who knows? And why does that have to be the answer? Give me an administration committed to getting us back on top in the major sports and I'll call it a good day. Until they prove themselves incapable, I don't think presuming the answer is necessary.
First time I’ve ever seen it

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Ok kg was saving that one for later but, in typical bobog fashion, he has spoiled .... everything. Nothing to see here, just move along.

Just kidding, bobog. I'm just giddy for a new direction for GT athletics. You just keep making yourself an easy target.
You're just mad 'cause I thought of it first.
And while we're at it, Geronimo is spelled with a "G"

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan
Angel seems to be as pragmatic as he is genuinely excited at the prospect of improving athletics. Realignment is moving rapidly and he does not want to see GT left behind. We all thought the ACC was fine back when we brought in ND as a partial. Now with UCLA and USCw jumping to the B1G as well as Texas and Oklahoma jumping to the SEC this has all changed. Add in the new NIL rules and it’s like the Wild West right now. Angel realized he is both flying blind and not seeing what he needs to make GTAA as good as it can be. This hire is him recognizing and elevating the importance of athletics so GT does not get left behind in realignment. Just my thoughts on it.

Also, I want to see men’s and women’s soccer teams.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Angel seems to be as pragmatic as he is genuinely excited at the prospect of improving athletics. Realignment is moving rapidly and he does not want to see GT left behind. We all thought the ACC was fine back when we brought in ND as a partial. Now with UCLA and USCw jumping to the B1G as well as Texas and Oklahoma jumping to the SEC this has all changed. Add in the new NIL rules and it’s like the Wild West right now. Angel realized he is both flying blind and not seeing what he needs to make GTAA as good as it can be. This hire is him recognizing and elevating the importance of athletics so GT does not get left behind in realignment. Just my thoughts on it.

Also, I want to see men’s and women’s soccer teams.
Excellent analysis since u agree w me. Many on here think it will be a long time before realignment- but to me there is too much media money involved. Content is consumed so fast. The media will break the contracts to get quality content.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I also like cabrera's reaction about soccer I really think that would be a HUGE addition to our sports offerign for generating support within the student body for the school in general. Get them caring about the school they will attend everything.

PLus we'd never have to worry about kickers again.
if men's soccer is added, does a women's sport need to be added in order to stay compliant with the number of scholarships per M/W, under Title IX?