AD George O'Leary?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Bill Curry would be the PERFECT AD, if he were young enough to be interested. If I could tell you all the stories of my interactions with him throughout my adult life, starting in college and beyond, without him really knowing me as he would a player, you would be convinced. He is a man of uncommon character. That is about all I can say without getting into personal details. This will never happen though because I am sure he is looking forwaerd to other things for the rest of his life.

Todd Stansbury is my contemporary, in terms of GT athletes. I dunno. I am not feeling it to be honest. Knowing him as a person, I just don't think he fits well enough with the GT ethos. He is a good guy and all..........

O'leary? Not going to happen. This is going to be a wild ride with no obvious ending.

You guys are going to think I am crazy. Even though we would need to be patient as he grows into the position long term, I think Roddy Jones is destined to be this kind of leader. I met him by random chance at fan day last year, with him having no idea who I was. We had a wonderful half hour long chat about many things, TECH related or not, and I have to tell you, that guy is special. He is persuasive. His personality is infectious. He is absolutely real and his head is screwed on perfectly tight. There would be growing pains, but that kid would succeed. If you want donors, just set Roddy loose in a room and give him time to make his case. It would happen. Plus, he would be ours for a long long time. He isn't ready right now, but it wouldn't take long.

Go ahead. Call me crazy.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I think Bill Curry would be the PERFECT AD, if he were young enough to be interested. If I could tell you all the stories of my interactions with him throughout my adult life, starting in college and beyond, without him really knowing me as he would a player, you would be convinced. He is a man of uncommon character. That is about all I can say without getting into personal details. This will never happen though because I am sure he is looking forwaerd to other things for the rest of his life.

Todd Stansbury is my contemporary, in terms of GT athletes. I dunno. I am not feeling it to be honest. Knowing him as a person, I just don't think he fits well enough with the GT ethos. He is a good guy and all..........

O'leary? Not going to happen. This is going to be a wild ride with no obvious ending.

You guys are going to think I am crazy. Even though we would need to be patient as he grows into the position long term, I think Roddy Jones is destined to be this kind of leader. I met him by random chance at fan day last year, with him having no idea who I was. We had a wonderful half hour long chat about many things, TECH related or not, and I have to tell you, that guy is special. He is persuasive. His personality is infectious. He is absolutely real and his head is screwed on perfectly tight. There would be growing pains, but that kid would succeed. If you want donors, just set Roddy loose in a room and give him time to make his case. It would happen. Plus, he would be ours for a long long time. He isn't ready right now, but it wouldn't take long.

Go ahead. Call me crazy.

I won't call you crazy. He has the smarts, the charisma but what I would love to see if Roddy brought in by a top notch AD and mentored properly

Go ahead. Call me crazy.
Too young for the job, but some kind of assistant to the AD would be a good job for him.