Access for NFL Scouts

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Shaq is the man. I hope he keeps on pointing out how foolish it was for the league to try to ignore a dude who quickly became a clear top 5 OG.
Edit: I have a feeling some of the scouts’ complaints before had to do with wanting to see our guys in “NFL style” drills (like 2 point stance takeoffs for OL or RBs, shotgun snaps for QBs, etc) and Paul justifiably didn’t want to waste practice time on that. That seems a whole lot more likely than us just keeping scouts away for no good reason.

Last edited:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It's not my fault you can't see his clear agenda.
You mean telling everyone how much better it will be for players with hopes to play in the NFL? Why would we want to stop that even if everything he says about Johnson’s tenure is wrong? We should LIKE positive press.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You mean telling everyone how much better it will be for players with hopes to play in the NFL? Why would we want to stop that even if everything he says about Johnson’s tenure is wrong? We should LIKE positive press.

If y'all think that dude cares anything about what's good for the Georgia Institute of Technology then go ahead and put me on ignore.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
An NFL scout basically telling recruits GT is a great place is too big a recruiting pr gift horse to ignore even if there were some unsavory antics in the past.

Too right! This is so clearly POSITIVE publicity for the current state of our program. There’s zero benefit right now in trying to convince anyone that CPJ (who I am forever grateful to for many wonderful years at GT) made GT a friendly place for scouts. I guarantee we won’t win that argument in the court of public perception. However, there’s HUGE upside in the positive image of being associated with one of the things scouts like about Saban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk