ACCDN Interview with Justin Thomas

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He has the opportunity to run for 1000 and pass for 2000. I don't know how a qb with the ability to do that in this offense could pass that up to play db somewhere else.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Don't worry about exposure for JT. If he keeps it up, he won't have a choice but to be famous in the college football world. His game has a lot of "sizzle" which translates to perfect highlight pieces for ESPN and news shows. He's already won ACC Offensive Player of the week, many football analyst and media members have already mentioned him. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing, and the team needs to keep winning. Everything else will fall into place.

The awesome thing about JT is that it seems we want him to be famous more then he wants to be famous. Like Charles Perkins said on the ESPNU show, dude is a humble guy.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Don't worry about exposure for JT. If he keeps it up, he won't have a choice but to be famous in the college football world. His game has a lot of "sizzle" which translates to perfect highlight pieces for ESPN and news shows. He's already won ACC Offensive Player of the week, many football analyst and media members have already mentioned him. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing, and the team needs to keep winning. Everything else will fall into place.

The awesome thing about JT is that it seems we want him to be famous more then he wants to be famous. Like Charles Perkins said on the ESPNU show, dude is a humble guy.
Not worried about it one bit. Everybody is not comfortable speaking in public, it took me my whole life and I still get nervous myself and I used to do it for a living. I'll take highly skilled behind center over highly skilled behind the mike or podium every day of the week for our starting qb. He certainly has his teammates' and his coaches' attention, oh, and us fans, too.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not worried about it one bit. Everybody is not comfortable speaking in public, it took me my whole life and I still get nervous myself and I used to do it for a living. I'll take highly skilled behind center over highly skilled behind the mike or podium every day of the week for our starting qb. He certainly has his teammates' and his coaches' attention, oh, and us fans, too.

Oh...I didn't even watch the video. I was just responding to the OP about how nice it is for JT to get exposure. Wasn't trying to make any comment on his comfort level speaking in public. I'm with you...don't care about his interview skills (as long as he can string sentences together and represent GT the right way), I care more about him leading us to wins.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with folks' sentiment on here. There are things to care about and things not to care about and JT's "naturalness" in PR is something I don't care about. He could tremble like a leaf in front of the press as long as he stays cool on the field, which he has done thus far in some pretty tough situations.

I very much like how he conducts himself. We've crowned lots of guys saviors, in part, due to the things they say and how they say it. I'll take action over words every single day of the week, and that's true of not just football but just life in general. Less talk, less BS, I like it.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
JT is not a savior. He's a young qb with tools and a lot of potential who is doing a great job working hard to put it all together.

He is not even close to having arrived and has a ton to improve on. But he is already winning games for us with his unique abilities.

I hate to hear him being lionized too early because he'll have his share of mistakes. Fortunately he seems to forget about 'em and focus on the present moment so I expect he ll take it all in stride and just play within himself.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Maybe there is an Alabama speaking style going on here because his laconic succinctness reminds me of Tevin.
Nope, I lived in Georgia (Greensboro) from age 1-11 and heard it consistently, and have lived in Alabama for 12 years now and it is the same. It has to do with family wealth, education, culture, and living in the south. I love Having JeT and could care less what he sounds like btw, just throwing out my opinion on this topic.