ACC!!!!!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ is a little better than "pretty good" with the offense. We had struggles this year and I think we now know why. Our QB in this offense has to be the aggressor. It's the only way to sell the pitch. VL just wasn't that or willing to be that. Hopefully JT or another is ready to be that.

Also, in regards to GOL, players fear you when you are involved in running one of them to death. Ultimately he was absolved of wrong doing (I guess), but there were reports right after that had him verbally berating the kid that died minutes before he collapsed. Also had that incident here that led to a player leaving the team. We can all call that guy a wimp or whatever, but he took a D-1 football player and broke him to the point that he quit the team.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ is a little better than "pretty good" with the offense. We had struggles this year and I think we now know why. Our QB in this offense has to be the aggressor. It's the only way to sell the pitch. VL just wasn't that or willing to be that. Hopefully JT or another is ready to be that.

Also, in regards to GOL, players fear you when you are involved in running one of them to death. Ultimately he was absolved of wrong doing (I guess), but there were reports right after that had him verbally berating the kid that died minutes before he collapsed. Also had that incident here that led to a player leaving the team. We can all call that guy a wimp or whatever, but he took a D-1 football player and broke him to the point that he quit the team.
PJ is barely breaking five thundered and yes the Qb gets the blame even in.....yr six.GOL beat Georgie we all know...won bowl games and had goodrecruits.I don't se that now.I like you HSVE had players quit but I never ran them off.GOL side of the story conflicted with that of the kid.Not a fan of running anybody off the team.Ixwill admit to GOL over PJ as overall head coach.tired of seven and six....loss every yr to Georgie...losing a bowl and not getting the folks we need to run this offense.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Almost all professors have mentors. My wife has one, she has a few that consider her their mentor. Unfortunately, in the world of academia.....there are processes / protocols that MUST be followed. And believe me, if you step outside of those, you can get squashed. (It drives me crazy) Much like Joe Paterno followed the "process" only to be vilified by those that do not understand the whole academia process. (My wife is tenured.....but currently going 'up' for full professor.......the politics involved are worse than a federal election.)
Ok thanks for the insight. Seems a bit more plausible now. Blows my mind that an institution would willingly foster an atmosphere like that. Just another form of corruption in a way.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC record in bowls was about what most expected. I thought we (GT) would lose, I thought Virginia Tech would lose, and some of the others. I thought FSU would win, and I thought Clemson had a good chance of winning. I thought Duke would surely lose, but was glad when it looked as if they would win. Of all the bowl games, I was most disappointed in the Duke game since they led most of the game. I really wanted them to win.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The ACC record in bowls was about what most expected. I thought we (GT) would lose, I thought Virginia Tech would lose, and some of the others. I thought FSU would win, and I thought Clemson had a good chance of winning. I thought Duke would surely lose, but was glad when it looked as if they would win. Of all the bowl games, I was most disappointed in the Duke game since they led most of the game. I really wanted them to win.
I was most dissappointed in our bowl :/

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
What ticked me off was before the game they had asked Johnson how much this win would matter towards recruiting. He said not much to the athletes Tech attracts. I get we're he was going saying that but it just sounded negative like it didnt matter if we won or not. 8-5 is heck of a lot better than 7-6 in my mind!