ACC!!!!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Are GT fans allowed to use the "Of course he picked that school, it's an SEC school!" excuse anymore when we lose a recruit to the SEC?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I'm wondering can Malzahn earn that fat contract that he signed.

Every RB in the future won't be as good as Mason and every QB won't be as fast as Marshall.

After seeing this game it reminded me of the UGA game they started out hot and then cooled off a lot, they were up 21-3 and ended up losing 34-31, that's a 31-10 loss over the remainder of the game.

For some reason I see teams adjusting to Malzahn and "his system", and he ends up at 9-3 or 8-4 next season, even with Aubie's dirty Recruiting.

Ha no... No one realizes that he is a genius for some reason. He was offensive coordinator at Arkansas when McFadden was running the wildcat all over everyone (yes malzhan created the wildcat) at Tulsa he broke all kinds of passing records. He just uses the talent that he has on his team like a good coach should. They threw the ball about 50% of the time when Cam was quarterback because he was better in the pocket than marshal. The guy is an offensive mastermind. No one is "figuring" out his system. They're only going to get better from here on out, which is scary.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
FSU was clutch...optimism breeds success. I'm gonna sound like a Debbie Downer but that kinda belief, in the individual and in the team, is something we have lacked for quite some time...got it back a little in 08 n 09 (would say we lost it again vs. UGA in 09 but played clutch in the ACC championship). We seem anti clutch too often and blow games we have gd shots at winning.
I think Dodd said something like..."believe you will have good luck and you shall have good luck."
It's the lightning in a bottle kinda thing teams can generate with the right leadership. Hope we get that mojo back soon.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn is an awsome coach. Can't say it enough about his offensive mind and how he molds his offense with his players.

Last edited:
FSU was clutch...optimism breeds success. I'm gonna sound like a Debbie Downer but that kinda belief, in the individual and in the team, is something we have lacked for quite some time...got it back a little in 08 n 09 (would say we lost it again vs. UGA in 09 but played clutch in the ACC championship). We seem anti clutch too often and blow games we have gd shots at winning.
I think Dodd said something like..."believe you will have good luck and you shall have good luck."
It's the lightning in a bottle kinda thing teams can generate with the right leadership. Hope we get that mojo back soon.

Mojo tends to follow the better recruits around, hence we'll probably get it back when we get better players.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
They sure made it tight though ....funny Aubie beats Bama with long run after missed fg and FSU stings them on kickoff.Damn good game.
That same thought went through my head last night. Just glad a non SEC team won, better still that it was an ACC team.

Last edited:

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Get ready for a nice run FSU and in two seasons Miami the sleeping giant. Clemson will be an offensive beast but they will need concentrate on that DLine more.
As for Tech..... sigh.. (idk with CPJ)

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Ha no... No one realizes that he is a genius for some reason. He was offensive coordinator at Arkansas when McFadden was running the wildcat all over everyone (yes malzhan created the wildcat) at Tulsa he broke all kinds of passing records. He just uses the talent that he has on his team like a good coach should. They threw the ball about 50% of the time when Cam was quarterback because he was better in the pocket than marshal. The guy is an offensive mastermind. No one is "figuring" out his system. They're only going to get better from here on out, which is scary.
Gus is one of a kind and I like his offense.he relates well to the players and man do they play for him.of course this year he had bunch of real good skill players and we all know that helps.I think aubie is a force to be reckoned withnext yr.theey cant help but get good players after last night.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I still have nightmares about that Bay Bay Thomas drop on the sideline in '09. :mad:

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Yes...yes you can. We all understand your agenda. You don't have to post it multiple times in every thread. We get it. I think you've succeeded in saying it enough. Thanks.

I can say it as many times I want, because he is. Thanks

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Gus aint bad dudes........many like his offense and if folks looked at the finals of the Ga High School Association games played in the dome his offense was pretty popular.Spread offenses are here to stay.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn recruited the majority of the players on the offensive side when he was at Auburn the first stint. Every QB won't be Marshall, but every QB wasn't Cam Newton either. Malzahn is probably one of the best about molding his offense around QBs (read the Grantland piece about Malzahn...and look at his time in Tulsa). They've got a pretty stud recruiting class right now, with the Elite 11 MVP QB Sean White.

Doesn't mean he'll be playing for the National Championship every year, but they're in better hands than they would be if it was Chizik.
Gus ,like many,had the proper stuff to win this year.First bunch of luck no doubt ,second a good dual strength qb and a host of good wrs and backs.Now I know little of what he has coming back but unless he gets folks to run this offense he will be like PJ ...seven and five.Last night he had all he needed and they lost but did move the football well.Yep Chizik was a bad hire but he and Cam got the ring.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Very interesting shoutout to the ACC by Jimbo Fisher right after they won. Seemed like he had a bit of chip on his shoulder the way he said it.
Hope he did have a chip on his shoulder .first time in long time ACC had better overall athletes than SEC...now some will say Aubie didnt belong in the game due to luck but as PJ says it is as it is.Man can you imagine the heat they would have took from SEC sports writers if they had lost.Good job Jimbo.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
If seems to me Jimbo Fisher is a pretty good person. In the past, the smoke indicated there were under-the-table awards for the recruits signing with FSU. I think at this particular time that Fisher is doing it right. If so, I hope Jimbo has continued success. This FSU team was very successful this year from the beginning to the end. It does appear that FSU needs to tighten up on the defense; they looked lost several times last night on defense.