ACC??

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I see the U/Vt game as the only game either will lose.
UNC has too many holes.
Duke/Pitt/GT will pull an upset or two!

The PAC, SEC, and Big 12 champs will have at least one loss.
We will have the same record as FSU.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Miami is going to be one of College Football's big stories of 2016. Miami is ranked #10 and i think they win the Coastal Division with a 9-3 record. Mark Richt might be the guy who brings Miami back to the level they were from 1999-2005
I can see 9-3 also. I actually see Miami going 10-2. 9-3 means they have at least 2 ACC losses. 10-2 means they have 2 ACC losses and beat Notre Dame. Miami has a vicious 5 game stretch coming up including 4 conference games. They just spent 2 weeks preparing for us and now have to prepare for a FSU team that regardless of how bad their D is can score points. They get VT on a short week after UNC. If they escape this stretch with 1 loss I’ll be very shocked.

GTFLETCH

Banned
YES
YES, Miami is in the driver seat, however they play FSU this weekend, if they win, they will probably be the coastal Champs, if they lose it may be wide open
Maybe...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The FSU game doesn't count in the Coastal race, but if they DO beat FSU, that might mean they are for real

Yeah, it does, i think. Iiuc, conf record is 1st test of division race. It's just that if your one loss is cross division, then you win the tie breaker with rest of division. If you have 2 cross division losses, you can win all division games and still not be division champ.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, it does, i think. Iiuc, conf record is 1st test of division race. It's just that if your one loss is cross division, then you win the tie breaker with rest of division. If you have 2 cross division losses, you can win all division games and still not be division champ.
Yep! That is why playing Clemson every year is a disadvantage.

Pretty sure that regardless of the outcome of this weekend's game, Miami and UNC will remain tied for the Coastal lead and will remain tied until one of them loses to a Coastal team. It they finish the season in a tie, then the results of games with mutual opponents comes into play, first within the division, and then cross division. I may be wrong, but that is what I was led to believe after our loss to Clemson last week. Now it's pretty much a moot point for Tech.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Losing to Clemson isn’t terrible. If we finish 6-2 with only 1 loss in the coastal we’d have a good advantage with the Tie Breaking scenarios. As long as the other team hasn’t lost to the same team we lost to.
But we are -1 game before the season starts most years. Much easier with a Wake or NCSt or BC.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure that regardless of the outcome of this weekend's game, Miami and UNC will remain tied for the Coastal lead and will remain tied until one of them loses to a Coastal team. It they finish the season in a tie, then the results of games with mutual opponents comes into play, first within the division, and then cross division. I may be wrong, but that is what I was led to believe after our loss to Clemson last week. Now it's pretty much a moot point for Tech.

When they play each other, one will lose to a coastal team.

When they play each other, one will lose to a coastal team.
Well, duhhh. I know that. But there is still a possibility that they will be tied for the Coastal lead at the end of the season. In that case, the winner of that matchup will be the tiebreaker. If each has two losses, then other mutual opponents' results will be used.

Totally off-topic here, but I don't want to open a new thread if this is not true. I just received an email from a friend saying that former Tech kick-off MASTER E. O. Wheeler has died. I can't find confirmation anywhere online. Wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about it. He was a goof-ball, but a GREAT kicker. I still remember everyone in the stadium yelling, "E. O." every time he kicked.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Totally off-topic here, but I don't want to open a new thread if this is not true. I just received an email from a friend saying that former Tech kick-off MASTER E. O. Wheeler has died. I can't find confirmation anywhere online. Wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about it. He was a goof-ball, but a GREAT kicker. I still remember everyone in the stadium yelling, "E. O." every time he kicked.
Very sad news he was a great kicker!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I said this before and I stand behind it, there is not a game on our schedule that we shouldn't be able to win. Now, if we do that is a different story, but we are still in the race for the acc coastal, although out of the teams I think have a legit shot we might have the hardest climb. we definitely need to win out imo, if we lose just one we still will have a chance depending on who we lose to but it will be hard. I could see the acc costal beating up on each other.

If we win out we could end up in a three way tie with 2 of 3 teams imo, Virginia tech, tar hells, and Miami, however we would be the winners of the 3 way tie if it did not include Miami, if it did it would depend on if the other team beat Miami or not. The easiest way to win the costal, which imo is very possible, but hard because we would need to win out is if Miami losses 3 games to either Florida state, Virginia tech, tar hells, Pittsburgh, or duke( long shot imo) and then have Virginia tech beat North Carolina or maybe duke or Miami, if Miami losses to the other 3 teams. After that we would just need Virginia tech to lose one game to either Pittsburgh or tarhells or even Miami depending on how the other games go. There is honestly a lot of different ways this could go. hope is still alive for the yellow jackets though.

I don't get everyone freaking out over the offense, we only looked bad in the Clemson game. We beat ourselves against Miami with two penalties that stopped our drives when we were moving the ball at will pretty much, and the fluke second fumble 6. You take those three things away and we could have put up 28 plus on them but instead we had to play behind and throw more which hurt us. And just so y'all know those penalties and fumbles were not designed play calls by cpj, I'm kidding of course but some of y'all are acting like that. he called a good game that should have put up more points imo. Also I saw someone complaing about fans talking about the 2014 season and I don't get the reason for complaining, it's just giving a reference for how this season could turn out, now if we have 4 losses and are talking about it I understand wanting people to stop, but we did lose back to back in 2014 and I think that's the main point when 2014 is brought up, to show there is still hope and if it's happened before it can happen again.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Last week. RIP

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, duhhh. I know that. But there is still a possibility that they will be tied for the Coastal lead at the end of the season. In that case, the winner of that matchup will be the tiebreaker. If each has two losses, then other mutual opponents' results will be used.

If only TWO teams are tied... no matter how many losses they have, their head to head results determine division champion.

It gets more complex with record in division, on & on.. if it's 3 teams tied & none of the 3 beat the other two.