ACC??

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
1) Practically speaking, yes. Only Fluke and GT have 2 ACC losses in Coastal. http://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/group/1

2) Sort of Miami's to lose. Also UNC, VT and UVa are undefeated in ACC. Given caliber of play so far, I expect UNC or VT to win Coastal. Miami is not that good on D and they don't have a mobile enough QB to be a contender IMHO. UVa's only game and win is versus Fluke.

3) I'd hope both make CFBP. But it will largely depend on both not losing a game from here on out and how many undefeated teams there are. There is a lot of football to play and as we saw yesterday, anything can happen.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The Coastal is a really tough division this year imo. UNC, d'oh U, vpi, uva are still undefeated. Pitt and GT are playing competitively. I could easily see vpi, pitt, unc, and d'oh U beating each other up.

We've won it with 2Ls before. Let's see how it plays out.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I think that if we run the table the rest of the way we have a really good shotat being there. Miamuh would have to drop 3, but that could happen - they still have the real meat of their schedule ahead of them (FSU, VT, UNC, Pitt). I don't think it's likely but they could. I think we are extremely unlikely to win out. Personally, I see us struggling to finish at .500. I hope that something gels with the offense that we haven't seen yet.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Are we out of it?
Is the Coastal, UM's to lose?
If UL and Clemson run the table, do we get two in the CFB playoffs?

Yes, but not just because we have two losses. On a practical level, this team just isn't good enough to run the table (which is what would be needed) to win the Coastal.
VT is my own favorite. Any of the Coastal teams can win league game "on any given Saturday'. UNC has already won a couple of tough games, the type you have to win if you are a winning team and championship team, but frankly after their season opening loss to the Dawgs (and because they are cheaters) I hope they get beat.
YES. Emphatically, so. The Big XII will have no playoff team this year, and the Pac Ten is on the verge of the same unless Washington runs the table (I'm just not convinced that will happen). Tennessee in the SEC might have an argument, but even if they go 11-1 in the regular season, they then face Bama again, and 11-2 (even with the two losses being to Bama) should not get in. Michigan in the Big Ten may have an argument with Louisville as both those teams are capable of going unbeaten outside their showdown games with Alabama

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
12-0 Clemson will play 9-3 Miami in the ACC Championship Game.
I can see that happening. I still think the PAC and Big 12 get left out this year. The four will likely come from Bama, Ohio St, Mich, Houston, Louisville, and Clemson. There are a lot of average teams this year.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can see that happening. I still think the PAC and Big 12 get left out this year. The four will likely come from Bama, Ohio St, Mich, Houston, Louisville, and Clemson. There are a lot of average teams this year.
It would really throw a wrench in everything if 10-2 Tennessee upset Alabama in the SEC Championship Game.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Washington has a good path to the playoffs now that they got past Stanford. Same division so no rematch against the only other respected team in the conference this year. They're going to have to choke against someone to get left out with the remainder of their schedule. To be fair though they already had 1 scare vs Arizona so it's not out of the question

They are currently at #5 with 0 ranked opponents remaining on their schedule. Hardest games left are @Oregon next week (who is on a 3 game losing streak) and @Utah

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
1) Practically speaking, yes. Only Fluke and GT have 2 ACC losses in Coastal. http://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/group/1

2) Sort of Miami's to lose. Also UNC, VT and UVa are undefeated in ACC. Given caliber of play so far, I expect UNC or VT to win Coastal. Miami is not that good on D and they don't have a mobile enough QB to be a contender IMHO. UVa's only game and win is versus Fluke.

3) I'd hope both make CFBP. But it will largely depend on both not losing a game from here on out and how many undefeated teams there are. There is a lot of football to play and as we saw yesterday, anything can happen.
Brad Kaaya is a very good quarterback. I saw a 2017 mock NFL Draft that had the 49'ers drafting him as the #2 pick.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
UNC *should* walk away with the coastal. Larry Fedora has that team playing at a very high level for 3 years now and you have to give them props. I just don’t see UNC losing 2 conference games this year. VT has a great defense but UNC will get their points and I’m not sure VT will score enough. Luckily they should have also walked away with the coastal 2 years agos and crapped the bed against Duke.

At some point we need to face the facts that we are 3-2 with 2 losses to Top 10 teams who are undefeated. We may have more than we think and if we run the table in the ACC the rest of the way we can still be in play. Our offense looked like it had potential against a very fast and athletic defense like Miami. Our edge blocking looked very good and Braun looked good too. I see a 1 conference loss team winning the coastal but just maybe a 2 loss team will and we have potential at a tie breaking scenario. End strong and ranking could be in our favor too.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
UNC *should* walk away with the coastal. Larry Fedora has that team playing at a very high level for 3 years now and you have to give them props. I just don’t see UNC losing 2 conference games this year. VT has a great defense but UNC will get their points and I’m not sure VT will score enough. Luckily they should have also walked away with the coastal 2 years agos and crapped the bed against Duke.

At some point we need to face the facts that we are 3-2 with 2 losses to Top 10 teams who are undefeated. We may have more than we think and if we run the table in the ACC the rest of the way we can still be in play. Our offense looked like it had potential against a very fast and athletic defense like Miami. Our edge blocking looked very good and Braun looked good too. I see a 1 conference loss team winning the coastal but just maybe a 2 loss team will and we have potential at a tie breaking scenario. End strong and ranking could be in our favor too.
Miami is going to be one of College Football's big stories of 2016. Miami is ranked #10 and i think they win the Coastal Division with a 9-3 record. Mark Richt might be the guy who brings Miami back to the level they were from 1999-2005