ACC tourney: VS BC

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's put up or shut up time, who you got?

We match up so poorly against BC it's not even funny. Gotta hope their shot is off and we control the paint. I wouldn't be upset if our bigs rough up Hanlan a little on his drives. I by no means want him to get hot outside of the arc, but I prefer him being more one dimensional. Also he's annoying (is it just to me?) kind of like JJ Reddick was albeit not to the same level.

I'd be happy if we get out with an even record (2 tourney wins), okay with one, angry with a loss tonight. Hope I'm not setting myself up for heartbreak.

Either way pumped for some tournament basketball!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
It's put up or shut up time, who you got?

We match up so poorly against BC it's not even funny. Gotta hope their shot is off and we control the paint. I wouldn't be upset if our bigs rough up Hanlan a little on his drives. I by no means want him to get hot outside of the arc, but I prefer him being more one dimensional. Also he's annoying (is it just to me?) kind of like JJ Reddick was albeit not to the same level.

I'd be happy if we get out with an even record (2 tourney wins), okay with one, angry with a loss tonight. Hope I'm not setting myself up for heartbreak.

Either way pumped for some tournament basketball!
Tournament basketball is as good as it gets.... USUALLY. BC just isnt very good defensively this year so I think we should play a physical style .VS. them tonight. Rough em up, pound it inside, crash the boards even if you get over the back calls here and there. Let RCJr dominate his undersized matchup and rotate often to keep fresh defenders in the game to cover the 3pt line. I truly believe this was our best matchup out of the choices we had. If we play with intensityon D and knock down a few 3s I think we cruise.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I think we match up pretty well against them...evidenced by our 2-0 record against them so far this season. The only worry that I have is that it's really difficult to beat the same team three times in one season. I do think we stand a shot against Clemson in the 2nd round if we can win tonight. First things first, though. Gotta take care of BC.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Hanlan is very talented. If we key in on him on defense though then we should be in good shape.

Plus, and I know it doesn't happen usually, our team is hot right now. They have a lot of momentum going into this game. Sure it's only a two game win streak but it's a road victory over Syracuse and a senior day romp over a rival school. If we beat BC I think we will beat Clemson.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We don't have the same team playing BC a third time. Robert Carter and Trae Golden each missed a different game vs BC.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
If we dont start passing the ball into the post we might as well forfeit. You have to attack a teams weakness every time down the floor. Get open shots and cover Hanlan

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I wish we ran BCs offense. They have excellent off the ball movement. Itd be perfect for our big men since its alot of passing which is a strength. Sigh... Hope we dont let them out hustle us tonight. Gotta want it more if you are to beat the same team 3 times in a row.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
These two teams are setting basketball back to the stone age right now. Game's there for us. Gotta get it together.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We better find another gear or well get ran out of the building. Were playing ok on D.. not great. We are stagnant on offense and are doing that stupid hesitate thing.

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
This BC team is very weak and very young. Hanlan is talented, but there is no reason we should lose this game. Right now, it just looks like we are asleep out there. They're playing hard on defense, but these shots are awful, and there is no movement into the paint. CBG has to make adjustments, and we need to find a way to get control of this game.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Bolden did make a nice little play but before that good lord why is he playing, looks like a zombie out there and horrible defender