ACC Tourney Thread

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
when we had 3 timeouts left and the momentum was shifting.. thats when you call a TO.. not let it bleed until they have a lead before calling one. In a game where you have that large of an offensive rebound advantage... should not have happened. Our team played their hearts out. I've never seen a bigger discrepancy in offensive rebounds in a loss.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So I checked gametracker and saw we were up like 4 or 5 with about a minute or so to go. Walked away for a minute thinking, "Oh, ok so we're going to advance". Come back to see we lost. Not surprised.

Have to say that GT didn't quit... didn't score at the end either, but at least didn't get run out of the gym.

Yay, come to GT and at least you won't get run outta the gym. Pom-poms!

I know that's not how you meant it. I agree it's admirable that the kids didn't quit on BG. It's a real testament to their character and should give us hope that there's something to build on next season ... under new guidance.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I will never figure out CBG's substitution pattern. And it seems I won't have to. Tip of the hat to the players who gave a good effort through all of this. Hope to see all next season and thanks to Mr. Cox and Mr. Sampson.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well let’s just all root for Wake Forest so we aren’t “technically” the worst team in the ACC. Even though VT beat us…

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Q played like a kid that was either paid off or is transferring. He didn't give a ****. No ACC player goes 0-10 form 3 in a game. That's a f'ing joke. I played D2 ball and the worst kid on my team could've shot better than that. Later that **** show he can go. Tadric looked like he was trying to get as many ****s as he could. If we hire someone worth a damn I hope he weeds out who should be here and who shouldn't. I'll take another year like this as long as we have a coach that can excite the fan base and being in ACC talent. Today was just to damn much.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
0-12 in ACC games that were 4 points or less with a minute to play. In 6 of the GT had the lead or was tied. That says it all. This team should have somewhere in the 18-20 win category and has 13. Talent is not strong enough to be better than a middle 3rd ACC team, but is good enough not to be a bottom third team.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Gotta coach that killer instinct into the team. They relax when they get a lead. Every single time. They tighten up and play not to lose. Just like prevent defense in football. That's not gonna get you very far at all in a tournament. No way in hell we should have lost that game. Too many bone headed plays and coaching decisions gave the W away. Our big men played lights out today and Tadric showed what he can do when given the chance. Our guard play was very weak and our perimeter defense was seriously lacking. Possibly because we were focusing on grabbing every board but I'm not sure why that would be the plan against a 3pt shooting team like BC. I'm just glad this season has come to an end and we can get us a new coach in here. I'd take just about anybody else at this point but I hope MBOB makes a great hire so we have something to look forward to in the future.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
0-12 in ACC games that were 4 points or less with a minute to play. In 6 of the GT had the lead or was tied. That says it all. This team should have somewhere in the 18-20 win category and has 13. Talent is not strong enough to be better than a middle 3rd ACC team, but is good enough not to be a bottom third team.
I agree 100%. We don't have the talent to compete with UNC, UVA, Duke... but we should be able to beat the bottom feeders and the teams in the middle of the pack every so often. We lost to BC×2, VT, WF, and Clemson. That's really sad.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Come on, guys, that was a MORAL VICTORY! WE PLAYED HARD!

Let's hope that's the last moral victory we have to endure for a while....and we can get back to ACTUAL victories. :)

I sincerely feel bad for this team and for CBG, but it's time for a change. Everybody knows it now. Let's go get us a good coach who can recruit and lead the team to wins. Go Jackets!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... IMO... if Q could actually make a couple of 3's, GT wins handily today...

Confident that CBG had Q miss on purpose so that we could bump up our offensive rebounding (tic).

Bottom line is we don't have the players right now that are "go to" guys to nail a basket. They one that we "did have" has a broken bone...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Thanks for this. I've been frustrated with threads which have focused only on our lack of sufficient talent. This post articulates well the thinking that underlay my frustration. I wanted to say that our problem wasn't talent without saying that we didn't have a problem with talent. This is it. Our talent was sufficient to be middle third. We were the worst because of how our talent was used. That's my opinion too.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Well according to Einstein, I am insane. Continually watching the same team over and over again and expecting a different result. Man I don't think I have screamed so much at the TV since the Kennesaw State debacle.